You'll prolly end up giving up if you buy cheap gear - i played a squier in the store and it actually cut up my hands...A budget Ibanez is the way to go for a first guitar
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
normally i'd say spend a little more for better stuff but since its your first rig, I think its alright to start out
Quote by deg0ey
You'll prolly end up giving up if you buy cheap gear - i played a squier in the store and it actually cut up my hands...A budget Ibanez is the way to go for a first guitar

Quality shouldn't affect you. If you want to learn, then you want to learn. Hell SRV learned on a guitar with 3 strings.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
I wouldn't go for this. My mistake was to go for a starter kit. Go for a well-off guitar, because you'll want to keep it's quality for a while than kick yourself for buying such a crap guitar.

I would go for an Ibanez, but nothing outrageous.
---------------
VOX AD30VT
BOSS GT8

Want to build a Jackson, to be fairly freaking honest.

Quote by Kanthras
Put some crap in the hole, like something sticky. And liquid-ish.
deviantART: Click Here
i bought that as my first guitar/rig. i think its the same thing, but since it was a few years ago it is probably slightly different. id say it served me well. The guitar really isnt that bad for a first guitar, its better than a squier strat. the amp isnt bad either.

all things considered, id say i had a good experience with it so go for it.

EDIT: i am reffering to the behringer pack
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
ahh Epi Les Paul thats what I should have got as my first guitar! A wise choice as its fairly cheap and quite a good guitar.
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
^So you think I should save up a bit more money and go with the second choice?
I'm a person.
My neighbor got this pack , the Behringer, and it sucks dont get this get an Ibanez or Epi pack instead.
My advice is to get decent guitar, and the ****tyist amp you can find (cheapest) that way once you actually figure out how to play guitar....you can find an amp you like....because i know when i started playing and i went into the music store to try amps, i was scared to play any amp because i couldnt play guitar....so i just bought whatever one i wanted, which turned out to be **** now that i can play and im dissapointed with my purchse.

so buy a crappy cheap amp and then after 3-4 months of playing guitar, try everything and get the one you want.