it splits the humbucker in half (not literally) and it plays like a single coil.
but it's only decent when the output of the humbuckers are decent before it is split, otherwise you get a really weak sound. I've got them on my guitar, you can pull the tone knobs out to split each humbucker, and it gives you more flexibility, you can have two single or two humbuckers or one humbucker and one single, in combinations of bridge and neck.
Quote by rubberbullets
but it's only decent when the output of the humbuckers are decent before it is split, otherwise you get a really weak sound.

This is untrue in my experience. If you really have a problem with a weak single sound, just put the coils in parallel.
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Potentiometers_and_push-pull_pots/3/Potentiometers_and_Push-Pull_Pots.html

if ur humbuckr has 4 wires, u can add a push pull pot to any guitar and add additional tones.

like said, it doesnt really sound like a true single coil, but its cool having extra tones.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
so you just 'pull out' the vvolume/tone knobs?
i already knew what coil-tapping was, just wondering how you did it.
yeah thats it. and if u look at the picture and click on the info tags on stewmac link, ull see the pot has two rows of lugs (metal tabs.)
so u just connect to both rows, depending on the effect u want.

if u know what color goes where, then ur talking about 5 extra mins work.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011