Yes it's safe. It's probaly better than keeping it away from an air purifier because the air purifier is pulling all the polutants and what not away from the guitar and filters fresh air into the room/guitar.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Quote by rubberbullets
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12707280/

I just said they do more damage to the air than purify it you stupid c*nt, can you read?

Can you read? Right from the article...

'Lead researcher Sergey Nizkorodov, a chemistry professor at the University of California at Irvine, noted that all ?ionic? air purifiers emit some ozone. However, only purifiers based on ozonolysis appeared to result in the high ozone levels noted in his study.'

The first ****ing paragraph explains that the article was inaccurate and has been revised.

Ozonolysis machines are the minority... Not to mention these are all tested in areas with hardly ANY ventilation. You have to be an ignorant son of a bitch to take that for truth
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Last edited by AlGeeEater at May 21, 2006,
Lol, look at the little kid who believes everything the news said...I recall reading on that site that bird flu would spread in Texas...well I'm still waiting. Faggot
^
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
Quote by AlGeeEater
Can you read? Right from the article...

'Lead researcher Sergey Nizkorodov, a chemistry professor at the University of California at Irvine, noted that all ?ionic? air purifiers emit some ozone. However, only purifiers based on ozonolysis appeared to result in the high ozone levels noted in his study.'

The first ****ing paragraph explains that the article was inaccurate and has been revised.

Ozonolysis machines are the minority... Not to mention these are all tested in areas with hardly ANY ventilation. You have to be an ignorant son of a bitch to take that for truth

The whole point of having an air filter is to use it in places of low ventilation, they only work in rooms of certain volumes without a constant inflow of air. Secondly, where is your source that says there are less ozonolysis machines in production than the ionic?
Quote by rubberbullets
The whole point of having an air filter is to use it in places of low ventilation, they only work in rooms of certain volumes without a constant inflow of air. Secondly, where is your source that says there are less ozonolysis machines in production than the ionic?

Yes but to live in a completely sealed off room (such as a car, besides the air vents) is virtually impossible. One thing, you have a door which is allowing air from other rooms to come inside. Secondly within the household, depending on how old the insulation is, could provide air leaks along with improperly installed. No proof of there being less ozonolysis machines being produced, which isnt what I was talking about at all. I was talking about the actual sale of them, not production, but it doesnt matter. You see more Ionic machines being advertised and sold in stores though.
wow. LAF

some air purifiers heat up. heat up. make sure thats not the case.
also, some have a fan so they can draw in dust.

if u dont change the filter, then they toss dust nearby. keep an eye on the area, make sure its not blowing crap on ur guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It never said they tested them in a sealed box, that article said homes, offices and cars. The defense "but that's only because the testing rooms were poorly ventilated" doesn't hold up because they would have tested a range of different rooms to the exent that they would have a good sample of cars and offices in general
And I never said that either so don't put words in my mouth. I said cars, which had been mentioned in the article and what I was using as an example. Either way it doesnt really matter. You're taking the article from face value and not using your own observations to make an opinion about it. I still say it's BS, and you don't have to agree with that. Hell I could care less if you don't agree with me.
Quote by uterus
so he can purify his air, asshole.

LMAO that was so good that I sigged it
Quote by uterus
so he can purify his air, asshole.

My Rig:
Customized Squire Strat
Vox Valvetronix 100VT
Boss MT2 Metal Zone
Dunlop Crybaby
Ernie Ball strings
Only on the internet will people argue about air purifiers..... hahahaha, get him Algee.
Hai UG!
i heard u can only put the guitar in front of an air purifier if its an agile.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^ LOL

Which reminds me. Algee, did you get an Agile to review yet... whats going on with that.
Hai UG!
The PRS rip-off? Not yet, I haven't had much time to go to Rondo at all yet. I'm hoping to go sometime in the next week though.
Quote by Ignite
Well make sure it's not an Air Guitar.

Yeah, That would really mess the hell out of his guitar, bits of it scatterd everywhere.
wow.

I knew id get the answer to my queston but i didnt know while in the process id learn so much about air purifiers. Anyhow, its safe ok i get it i dont give two sh*ts about the ozone, its not an ionic breeze its just a litte one to help my allergies at night in my room. like stated before, only here would people argue about air purifiers... which im going to sig. lol