I know there has been like, maybe one Nintendo band thread on here, but I want this one to be at least halfway official (even though I have absolutely no authority to make it so). If any of you have seen the Classic Rock or Metal Recommendation Threads, this is kind of what I want it to be like. Now, I know there aren't tens and hundreds of Nintendo bands out there, but damn it, some nerds like me are interested in them! So I'll start by listing a few, and then if any of you have anything to add, post it and I'll try to add it to the "official" list as soon as I can.
Try to keep it in this format:
Band Name + Official Website URL (if there even is one): Maybe a little explaination of their sound. Nothing too opinionated or biased (don't go saying "These guys are the best band in the entire world" or something), but just something to give the other members a basic idea of their sound.
Choice Picks: List 2 or 3 songs that you think are recommended listenings. It'll help any members who may have Limewire or something. Or, if you want, just list an album or two; I guess it doesn't really matter.
Okay Nintendo nerds, here's the "official" list:

The Minibosses: Probably one of the most famous of all the Nintendo bands, these guys do a great job at sounding Nintendo and metal at the same time. They're basically a really, really good garage band that just happens to do Nintendo covers.
Choice Picks: Legend of Zelda Opening Theme or Castlevania II Night Theme

The Advantage: What I like so much about these guys is that though they have the same Nintendo/metal edge that the Minibosses have, they also have a good touch of indie in 'em. They have a cool chemistry, and an even cooler repertoire of Nintendo covers.
Choice Picks: Marble Madness Theme or Megaman 2 Dr. Wily Theme

NESkimos: Another well-known Nintendo band, and for a good reason. These guys really do a great job at sounding like metal, and completely rock out to their stuff. Possibly one of the most "fun" Nintendo cover bands, to say the least. Their arrangements to me are just brilliant.
Choice Picks: Ninja Gaiden Theme or Zelda Dungeon Theme

Totally Radd!!: Well, okay, so these guys aren't truly a Nintendo cover band, but their songs are so Nintendo-esque that I'd feel terrible leaving them out. Using a strange array of Atari-ish sound effects and blistering synth riffs, it's hard to disregard the fact that Totally Radd!! is about as Nintendo as they come without actually being Nintendo.
Choice Picks: The Bobby Song or The Greatest Battle on Earth

8 Bit Weapon: A bit hard to get your hands on, but once you do it's all good. What I love so much about these guys is that they incorporate a lot of arcade stuff into their music as well. If anyone here has heard Manplanet, that's who these guys are kinda like, only with much stronger video game influences.
Choice Picks: Arcade and Gameboy Rocker

Horse the Band: I haven't heard too much of these guys, but they're extremely underground and, like Totally Radd!!, aren't really "Nintendo". But they incorporate so much Nintendo into their music that they're hard to pass up. A bit "hardcore", I guess, but nonetheless a fun listen.
Choice Picks: Cutsman or Lord Gold Throneroom

DragonForce: I checked these guys out, and I have to say, they have an interesting style. Though they're not a Nintendo cover band, it's no doubt that they're a Nintendo-like band. Though they incorporate a good amount of power metal into their music (also a plus!), they deserve to make the list, in my opinion.
Choice Picks: Sonic Firestorm (album)

The Black Mages: Are you a Final Fantasy fan? Then these guys are for you. The Black Mages cover... well... various Final Fantasy boss stage themes. I guess your interest in them would be increased if you're a fan of the series. Still, great music and great covers; definitely worth a listen.
Choice Picks: The Black Mages (album)

The Protomen: Oh hell yeah! I know this is stupidly biased, considering that I'm a HUGE Megaman fan, but seriously, these guys are great. They're a Megaman concept band, meaning that they don't cover Megaman songs, but rather make songs about Megaman. I, my friends, peed myself the first time I discovered these guys.
Choice Picks: The Protomen (album)

Juzcook: If that's what he wants his "band" to be named--juzcook is actually a really awesome member of this wonderful forum. A few months ago, he started making Nintendo covers that ultimately sparked all of my interest in Nintendo bands. So to him I include what I consider the greatest thread on UG on this list. Give him a listen; he absolutely rocks.
Choice Picks: Smash Bros -- Kirby's Stage, Dr. Mario -- Fever, or F-Zero -- Big Blue

MetroidMetal: I don't know if that's the official "band" name, but MetroidMetal.com is basically a site about a guy doing just as the site's title suggests: covering Metroid songs. So it's another one of those cases where if you're a fan (which I most definitely am), you're gonna love it.
Choice Picks: The Theme or Brinstar

Stage 3-1: Covering all the classic stuff. Mario and Zelda crop up quite a bit in these guys' repertoire. For a classic NES gamer like myself, these covers are just golden.
Choice Picks: Anything off of that MySpace page!

Keep the recommendations coming! Let's hope this thread helps a lot of people out in their search for nerd sanctuary!
Last edited by SethMegadefan at May 21, 2006,
^Any song or album recommendations? Because I'd be happy to list them if you had some choice picks for me to include.
Okay, I don't mean for this to look like a bump, but I just went through and added a whole bunch of new ones to the list. I went on a bit of a Google-frenzy, so I hope you enjoy the ever-growing list!
(Recommendations appreciated!)
i love the black mages. they're great.
you should hear the advent children soundtrack, especaially one winged angel.
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
I'm gonna go listen to some of these.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...