Minor Third - A minor third is just three semi-tones, or half-steps, above the root note. For instance, a minor third above an A would be a C.

so does thjat mena like if the root note was on the 3rd fret, and on the g string, then harmonizied in a minor third, would the other guitar play on the d string on the 6fret?
Dimebag 1966-2004 RIP a true legend

Quote by RingmasterTJ
Dumbest thread ever...when shouldn't you get shit-faced drunk?

Quote by Dirk Gently

When I turn on the TV, I see nothing but black people.[/IMG]

Quote by ckellingc
I jerked off in Wyoming if that counts
12,000 feet ftw!!

Quote by gsr2k6
. Oh, Jesus hates you.
no, the minor third of that root would be on the 6th fret on the g string or on the 2nd fret of the b string
why>?

Quote by RingmasterTJ

Quote by Dirk Gently

Quote by ckellingc
12,000 feet ftw!!

Quote by gsr2k6
. Oh, Jesus hates you.
wel why would it be on the d string? you just said it is three frets up from the root note. No need to move a string down.

What made you think this?
just remeber that each sting is tuned to a perfect 4th, 5 frets, above the one below it, E to A, A to D etc, except from the g to b sting, thats a major 3rd, 4 frets. With this, you know if you hold down 2 consecutive stings at the same fret, they are a perfect 4th appart, except of course for the g and b stings, which would be a major 3rd appart. With this knowledge it's easy to harmonize. If you want an interval of a minor 3rd , just consider that a minor 3rd is a whole tone below a 4th, so if your root is, say, fret 10 on the low e string, a minor 3rd up from that would be at fret 8 on the a string ( fret 10 on the a string is a 4th above your root, minus a whole tone, 2 frets = 8).
"you hear people say, I don't care if people are black, white, green or purple. Ah come on now, green or purple? you've got to draw the line somewere" - Mitch Headburg.
alright, but is there a rule saying how many frets to go everytime or am i ****'d without understand everything?

Quote by RingmasterTJ

Quote by Dirk Gently

Quote by ckellingc
12,000 feet ftw!!

Quote by gsr2k6
. Oh, Jesus hates you.
Quote by dimebag7
alright, but is there a rule saying how many frets to go everytime or am i ****'d without understand everything?

It depends on what scale you're in when you're harmonizing in anything other than octaves (12 frets up) and possibly 5ths or 4ths (out of the regular major/minor scale theres a diminished fifth that breaks that pattern of the perfect intervals...otherwise 7 frets for 5ths and 5 frets for fourths).

You have to alternate between major/minor intervals if you're harmonizing in thirds, sixths, seconds, or sevenths (these last 2 probably sound a bit wierd)