so what do you think are somr of the best solos of recent years? although this is the only song i know of them, bat country has a good solo.and i like the dani california one.post away!
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Dani California Solo is just brilliant.
Quote by Johnnyboy66
Maybe you just suck at the guitar?

Quote by dudeman_andy
feed a pigeon bicarbonate of soda, let it swell up for a while. then feed it to the dogs and

BOOM head shot!

(pigeons explode after having bicarbonate of soda, they cant fart. stupid pigeons.)
Know your enemy- Rage
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Last edited by Lukeisonfire at May 21, 2006,
fire it up-bls
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
all the new david gilmoursolos are really good
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
open your eyes by alter bridge has a nice one. seize the day by avenged sevenfold is a good solo. also like someone else said, wlecome home. that solo is crazy
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
welcome home is OK

Seize The Day By A7X Is AMAZING, its not that technical but it fits the song perfectly.

Another amazing solo is Beast and the Harlot by A7X, its a brilliant solo, amazing, I love it.
Dani California's solo is a little flat. Too much distortion methinks, but maybe I'm just used to RHCP without Frusciante.
Discolored skin gives me away.
Quote by sadistic_monkey
Methinks you mean RATM

Alive - Pearl Jam
Magdalena - APC
New Born - Muse

oopsy my b
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Find The Real -Alter Bridge
Down to My Last- Alter Bridge
Burn it Down -Alter Bridge

I can't think of anyone else who plays solo's like AB is playin right now. Just a cut above the rest.
Quote by prsfloyd
Find The Real -Alter Bridge
Down to My Last- Alter Bridge
Burn it Down -Alter Bridge

I can't think of anyone else who plays solo's like AB is playin right now. Just a cut above the rest.

wut about omar rodriguez and john frusciante?????????????????????????????
Froosh is great but the difference is I learned the Dani California Solo in about 15 minutes.
The solo's I mentioned are in a difficulty level that is not heard too much with the popular rock bands out right now.

By the way , I love the new Album , I am really digging Jupiter so much that I havent got into Mars too much.

Jupiter is phenomenal though
Coheed and Cambria's The Final Cut has some excellent solos, as well as anything off of the new Chili Pepper's release.

Also, Adam Jones lead playing has really been getting to me simply because he has such a unique approach to it. There are leads, but never the standard blues rock licks or anything like that.
Stuff by Matthew Bellamy, Omar Rodriguez-Lopez, John Frusciante, Tom Morello, etc. etc.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
The Dani California solo is awful. Just because John Frusciante plays it doesn't mean it's nessecarily good.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by pumpkins_rule
The Dani California solo is awful. Just because John Frusciante plays it doesn't mean it's nessecarily good.

It's really catchy though, and appeals to non guitarists.
I'm a fan of the "Doesn't Remind Me" solo (Morello, Audioslave). It's absolutely insane. Morello is a beast.

As far as Dani California goes, it might not fit the song prefectly, but it's very catchy.
the best modern solo is easily "Alive" - by Pearl Jam (it mgiht be the best ever, period.)

and not coincidently, many of the other bestmodern solos are by pearl jams mike mccready. "Breath" , "Severed Hand", "Life Wasted" and "Yellow LedBetter" to name a few.
Oh my God.

I dunno if Omar Rodriguez has any solos that are in and of themselves simply ridiculous, but his work on both TMV albums needs to be mentioned because he's one of the best out there.

I'll listen and hit you back on the solo thing.

the one on l'via l'viaquez is ridiculous but I don't think it's him, lol.
Bat Country - Avenged Sevenfold
And All Things Will End - Avenged Sevenfold
Beast And The Harlot - Avenged Sevenfold
"Man in the box" - Alice in chains (Jerry Cantrell)

Not the most complex of solos, but great tone and vibrato.

"No more tears" - Zakk Wylde, BLS version

One of few memorable solos (i.e, more than just a blur of notes) from Zakk.

"My lovely man" - RHCP (Mr Frusciante)

I have a soft spot for this one as it's one of the first solos I learnt... Still love it!
Quote by pratt121

the one on l'via l'viaquez is ridiculous but I don't think it's him, lol.

John Frusciante plays the one at the beginning of L'Via L'Viaquez, if that's what you mean. I think John and Omar trade solos later in the song too.
Find the Real - Alter Bridge
Alive - Pearl Jam
Seize The Day- Avenged Sevenfold
Stand Here With Me - Creed
#9 Member of Alter bridge Rocks Club, PM Logz to join!
Alive - Pearl Jam
Why Go - Pearl Jam (i think people overlook this solo but i think it's great)
Little Sister - Queens of the Stone age
Everybody Knows that You're Insane - Queens of the Stone Age
Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
Siva - Smashing Pumpkins
Cherub Rock - Smashing Pumpkins
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

REMEMBER DISCO: All stupid fads go away with time. STOP COMPLAINING