does anybody know why CCR broke up and if any of the artists did any solo projects after that?

thanks
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
lol yea john fogerty had a great solo projects after CCR
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
i always mix up the brothers. who sings? i cant remember at the moment
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
Due to John Fogerty's success as writer, singer, and frontman, the other band members began to feel they were being held back. Tom left the band in 1971, to pursue an unsuccessful solo career. John Fogerty insisted that bassist Stu Cook and drummer Doug Clifford share equal songwriting and vocal time on the band's final album Mardi Gras in 1972. Many have speculated that Fogerty did this in anticipation of poor sales, in order to prove to brother Tom (and the rest of world) that his songwriting had always been the real commercial talent behind the band's success. The album did indeed receive poor reviews and sales, and the group disbanded shortly afterwards.

From a quick google search, and John Fogerty I know has had quite a seccessful solo career.
The idea that media is there to educate us, or to inform us, is ridiculous because that's about tenth or eleventh on their list...
- Abbie Hoffman R.I.P
Well, it'd have been more convienient for you to have put this in the Creedence Clearwater Revival thread we have floating around, but since that thread isn't official, it's no big deal.

Anyways, Tom Fogerty, John's brother, was first to leave the band (I once read Tom thought John was basically trying to control the band). However, he had a very unsuccesful solo career.

After that, the trio that was left made a final album on which Stu Cook (bassist) and Doug Clifford (drummer) were encouraged to become more involved in the singing and writing of the album. The album sold poorly, and the band split up. Some people believe that the reason Fogerty encouraged the others to help with the album more was because he expected if they did the album wouldn't be very succesful, which would prove him as the true leader of the band to his brother.

Anyways, after the band disbanded, Fogerty had a solo career which was very succesful.

(Just for more information, Tom Fogerty died of AIDS recieved from a blood transfusion in 1990.)

In 1995, Clifford and Cook "reformed" the band with other musicians and called it Creedence Clearwater Revisited.

I hope that's helpful.
thanks
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
And the rest of the members besides Tom and John formed Creedence Clearwater Revisited.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION