I've heard good thing about the f-50 but ony from people who want to sell it to me.If anyone owns one out there I'd like to get a review from the real people.thanks.
Well I don't own one because they don't have very much gain at all. I don't know what you like to play but an F-50 isnt good for anything more hardcore than some blues. Great amps, but thats because they are Mesa's. I say don't go cheap and get yourself a Recto or a Mark IV if you need more gain.
Quote by Aeridos
Well I don't own one because they don't have very much gain at all. I don't know what you like to play but an F-50 isnt good for anything more hardcore than some blues. Great amps, but thats because they are Mesa's. I say don't go cheap and get yourself a Recto or a Mark IV if you need more gain.

I have a 6505 so i have all the gain in the world, i just some killer clean when i feel like plugging in my tele and gettin my twang on.lol
F50 is good. The Boogie Lonestar has the best cleans I've ever personally heard. Testing it out with a '62 reissue Strat, that amp seemed alive. It was incredible. I almost drove home to get my Mark IV to trade it in right then (I'm ultimately glad I'm didn't). I'm definitely going to add a Lonestar to my rig as my exclusive cleans amp.
Hi, I'm Peter
Well if you want some killer cleans then Mesa is not the place to be, I would go with something from Fender from that. But if you really want a Boggie then go with the lonestar, but the F-50 will give you some pretty good cleans as well. Just decide how important they are to you
^about right. ONly 2 mesas i played had great cleans compared to the others. Mesa Roadking and Lonestar. Great cleans from both. I support the fender motion. Or a Roland Jazz Chorus
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
I've heard the F-50 is pretty versatile and can do most styles but won't be as good on metal as other amps (even though it CAN do metal)...
roar
I don't know anything about metal, but I owna n F-30 and had it cranked for the first time yesterday and it was fabulous for blues or rock. Definitely not the stevie ray vaughan sound, but then again I wasn't looking for that.
"If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'."
- John Lennon
Quote by Aeridos

^that man is smoking some wack ****

www.myspace.com/scenerychannel

thats an f-50
tried its youger, the f-30..rocked my socks off
I have to disagree with Aeridos...

When i was at the london guitar show, i played an F-50 and thought the cleans were actually really good - really really warm, they'd be great for jazz...however, i don't play much jazz at all so i walked across the room and bought my screamer instead

And on the distortion front, i think it had enough gain to get into the heavy rock region, if not metal

Overall very suitable for getting your twang on...

Although, the screamer can do very good cleans also - i get a great chili peppers tone from mine
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
Quote by Aeridos
Well if you want some killer cleans then Mesa is not the place to be, I would go with something from Fender from that. But if you really want a Boggie then go with the lonestar, but the F-50 will give you some pretty good cleans as well. Just decide how important they are to you

is fender putting out a great tube amp right now, if so which one.(i dont like digital).
For the price, the F-50 is a great amp...And a lot cheaper than the Lonestar - Don't listen to Aeridos, he probably hasn't played one because they have great cleans - a different tone to fender, but it all depends what you want to play...

deg0ey
the mesa ad says that the f-50 goes from thier best clean ever to recto high gain,from what ive heard from you guys i guess thats not so true,at least on the gain end.
I would say that it's not true...It has a very good clean and can do high gain...but it's no lonestar, and it's no recto - a happy medium

deg0ey
^ my bad - i only played for like 15-25 mins

deg0ey
CAN A 50 WATT TUBE AMP PLAY WITH A BAND OR DOES IT NEED TO BE MIC'ED UP.(SORRY,NOT SURE HOW TO SPELL MIC'ED..MIC'D..MIC'T)....LOL, el stupido
It can probably cope on its own, or be miked up - your call really, depends on the size of the venue

deg0ey
and how loud the drummer is
a 30 wat combo can too...and proabaly a 25
50 watts is like 94% as loud as 100 or somthing
30 is about 87% as loud as 100 watss ...somthign like that
well, 50 watts is 3dB quieter than 100 watts...if a decrease of 10 dB would be halving the volume, you can see it's a decrease of about a third of a half...so about 84% of the volume of the 100 watt amp

Obviously this only applies if the speakers and cabinets are the same etc

deg0ey
is the mark lV a better amp all around. and whats the price diff. i know the f-50 is around
$1000.
Mark IVs run about $1,700-1,800 new for a combo. Not sure about the head.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by godofshred
^ it can, and does pull of recto gain
channel 2, gain about 8 ..add CONTOUR!!!

You are a dumbass dude, I played through the F-50 and F-30 plenty of times when I bought my first tube amp a few years ago. And I pretty much examined every aspect of the thing. There is no way that you can compare the gain you get from that amp to that of a Recto. If you could nobody would own Recto's because the clean channel kind of sucks compared to that of the F series. Plus the F series amps are cheaper than the Recto's. I want to know how you are so sure that myspace band used an F-50 in their recording. Thread starter, if you are happy with the gain from your Peavey than don't worry about the gain from the F-50. Like I said I suggest a Fender for cleans but there could possibly be something better and cheaper out there. I don't know much about Fender amps so I can't really suggest a particular model but go down to the local shop and try some stuff out. And yes the F-50 has plenty of overhead to play shows.
Quote by Aeridos
You are a dumbass dude, I played through the F-50 and F-30 plenty of times when I bought my first tube amp a few years ago. And I pretty much examined every aspect of the thing. There is no way that you can compare the gain you get from that amp to that of a Recto. If you could nobody would own Recto's because the clean channel kind of sucks compared to that of the F series. Plus the F series amps are cheaper than the Recto's. I want to know how you are so sure that myspace band used an F-50 in their recording. Thread starter, if you are happy with the gain from your Peavey than don't worry about the gain from the F-50. Like I said I suggest a Fender for cleans but there could possibly be something better and cheaper out there. I don't know much about Fender amps so I can't really suggest a particular model but go down to the local shop and try some stuff out. And yes the F-50 has plenty of overhead to play shows.

i think you have me and someone els mixed together,so i hope im not the dumbass
Quote by Aeridos

there's no need for name calling ladies ... but anyway yes that band on myspace (Scenery Channel) did record with an f-50 for everything they did - I talk to their guitarist online over at harmony-central (there's actually a huge thread dedicated to the mesa f-series)........ I own an f-50 so here's the run down..... The cleans are great - it's a darker clean but incredibly warm and buttery smooth, best cleans i've gotten from an amp so cheap with so much crunch and gain... great for blues and jazz.... it also does classic rock very well but it's far from a marshall type tone (mesa's always are which is why I love em) .... for hard rock the amp is great and can even dive into some metal tone (especially 80s metal), even some new metal stuff - it has quite a bit of gain but obviously not as much as an all-out metal amp such as a recto, 5150, etc... For the price I don't think you can find anything more versatile - 2 channels, fx loop, etc....... it definitely sounds more like a recto than a mark iv - it's got that looser type feel which I actually really like - sometimes I'll run an EQ thru the loop and tighten it up, leaving me with a mark iv sound...... if you want to hear some clips and know some more about it go here http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=885856&highlight=mesa+f+series
there's around 50 clips that go from cleans to metal... oh and to answer the question of is a 50 watt amp gig worthy - yes easily... I run my f-50 thru a mesa vertical 2x12 and it can easily handle small and medium sized gigs such as clubs and what not
oh and I bought my f-50 used for 700 shipped in mint condition.....there's usually a couple up on ebay weekly 700-800 is what you could expect
thanks,I think i just found out everything i needed to know.
getting my f-50 this week,i'll write all about it when i get it.
i played an f-30 a while back and it sounded sweet the gain was just perfect for me but that was a smooth overdrive blues sound. the cleans really were great and i could easily get enough gain for my liking i could even get some megadeth tones from it! i wish i had the money to buy one but i'm happy with my fender so no wories
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
Quote by jnl
CAN A 50 WATT TUBE AMP PLAY WITH A BAND OR DOES IT NEED TO BE MIC'ED UP.(SORRY,NOT SURE HOW TO SPELL MIC'ED..MIC'D..MIC'T)....LOL, el stupido

YES ITS LAOD ANOUGH LOL ROFL
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.