ok if you think jimi hendrix isnt the best guitarist ever, who is? in my opinion there will never be anyone better than him.
He sucks...........................

Jk mate, yes he is one of the best.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
It's all preference, he's one of my favorite, but I have a favorite guitarist for different genres, so it varies, I really don't think you can clasify one person as being the best.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
jimi hendrix is one of the greatest guitar players ever
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
one day you will wake up kid
he wasnt that great

he changed the face of music but ona pure talent stand point in the late 60's
there was....

Alvin lee
Neil Shon
Santana
Jeff Beck
Jimmy Page

to name a few
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
fucck off

goddamn HOW MANY THREADS are there about how hendrix is the best

then people say "NO JIMMY PAGE IS" and then someone else says "NO JIMI HENDRIX IS"

goddamn
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT
Stevie ****ing Ray. Also, Jerry Cantrell, Mike McCready, John Frusciante. Ironically, all but one of those guys were heavily influenced by Jimi.
jimi hendrix evolved the lead guitar players to a new step. thats is his contribution, but other guitarist have built on that. Stevie ray Vaughn is a more impressive technical player. John Frusciante is awsome at his style. John Mayer (trio) has a different style but similar sound but is awsome. Dave Matthews is amazing in his own right of writing music. it goes on and on
Quote by karateguy29
He doesn't have to be your favorite, but there's no way you can tell me that Hendrix wasn't shy of great. I have so many of his live stuff, and granted it may be not as accurate as his studio performances, it is amazing.

ok great was a bad word....
but im sayin he wasnt this like guitar GOD, that every makes him out to be.
there were better players from a playin stand point in his time. he changed music and how people looked at the guitar but he was just one person taht every one puts focus on, and at the time there where some great guitar players that didnt get the lime light. becuase it was such a hendrix time. if you look at an early neil shon an early jimmy page or even the early santana they where better players then him.
now santana and shon didnt really change too much aout the guitar nor did page but page has infulenced just as meny people as hendrix i would think, and to top it off from a guitar playin stand point he was better.....
from a song writeing stand point hendrix was great though
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by the_white_bunny
ok great was a bad word....
but im sayin he wasnt this like guitar GOD, that every makes him out to be.
there were better players from a playin stand point in his time. he changed music and how people looked at the guitar but he was just one person taht every one puts focus on, and at the time there where some great guitar players that didnt get the lime light. becuase it was such a hendrix time. if you look at an early neil shon an early jimmy page or even the early santana they where better players then him.
now santana and shon didnt really change too much aout the guitar nor did page but page has infulenced just as meny people as hendrix i would think, and to top it off from a guitar playin stand point he was better.....
from a song writeing stand point hendrix was great though

I'll agree with you on that, sorry I deleted my post after because I didn't want to start a Hendrix/Page war. But yeah I think he did kind of take the spotlight away from other guitarists.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
he was great. Their is guys out there who are clearly better, but he changed the face of music and influenced all the greats now.

His style of play was amazing.
he's great. Jimi Hendrix deserves respect. This doesn't mean you have to like him, but he does deserve respect. Some people will consider him a God, and that is alright, but at least respect the man.
Quote by freewheelinbird
fucck off

goddamn HOW MANY THREADS are there about how hendrix is the best

then people say "NO JIMMY PAGE IS" and then someone else says "NO JIMI HENDRIX IS"

goddamn

Agreed.
oh yea i respect him
hes the same case as clapton to me

every one puts focus on them to but there where and still are better players dosnt mean they shouldnt get respce but i think people need to really listen to the music
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
I love Hendrix - I always will. I appreciate him as an artist - the music he created and the musicians he inspired.

However, I don't think he is the greatest. While everything concerning "best guitarist" or any other "best", there is no right or wrong answer (well... I guess there could be a "wrong" answer - ex. Cobain > Hendrix = No).

Some of the people I think are better than him include Duane Allman, Dickey Betts, Warren Haynes, Derek Trucks, Carlos Santana, Eric Clapton, and a couple others.

When I say I think these guys are "better", I think of them as being better "technically". Hendrix was great, but some of his stuff... - being self-taught, he didn't have a great musical understanding, unlike most of those guys I listed (even though Clapton can't read music either).

Also, there's different ways to compare guitarists. I think Jimmy Page, for example, was better at guitar than Hendrix when it came to making riffs, but when it came to improvising solos and just jamming, Hendrix pretty much owned Page.

Hendrix is a great guitarist, but whether he's the greatest or not isn't for anyone to decide.
Heartbreaker, I disagree. Jimi was a one scale guy, and I think his soloing was very average. His rhythm is what made him a God in my opinion. He is just groovy as hell.
Long Live Rock

Be it dead or alive..

Founding Member of the Capital Punishment to people posting about Guns N Roses in the Classic Rock Forum Club. PM me to join.

a proudly scarred member of the Windmiller's Club
just watch red house on jimi hendrix live at woodstock or johnny b good on jimi plays berkely. hes way better that vai or page or beck or santana.
Quote by HendrixII
just watch red house on jimi hendrix live at woodstock or johnny b good on jimi plays berkely. hes way better that vai or page or beck or santana.

no
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E