im just looking for some opinions here on wether to buy an epiphone SG or a Les Paul.
i play everything but my favorite stuff to play is classic rock like led zepplin, acdc, rolling stones, david bowie, ted nugent etc.. that kind of older stuff

i want a les paul but thats only because everyone says that what i should get..

soo im just curious what you guys think about it.

thanks
Quote by Air Guitarist!
yeah if she starts gettin fat just punch her in the stomach once or twice a day

Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Spit everywhere, and just yell things at the crowd.

Quote by Virgil_Hart05
YOUR MOM (guitar) and YOUR OTHER MOM on drums
so it sounds like its not really you that wants the lp, but just what everyone else says.

anyway... i'd say just play through both. get whatever sounds or feels best.
i personally enjoy SG style guitars SO much more than Les Pauls, and with most (MOST, dont flame me) epiphones, you want get that classic les paul tone unless you go elitist which is alot more cash...anyways, what IS your budget?

If its $400, than I would say get the Epiphone G-400...but if its around $600 or so, you can get the Elitist 61 Re-Issue...
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
It doesnt really matter becuase those bands all used sg's and lp's so they each have there own place in rick history...lol

go with whateverfeels right to you

Price range?
im looking to spend about $500 but if it would be better to save up a little more than i would..

and i actually did play both and i liked the lp alot but i played the sg and i felt like i could acess the frets way easier. especially the high notes
Quote by Air Guitarist!
yeah if she starts gettin fat just punch her in the stomach once or twice a day

Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Spit everywhere, and just yell things at the crowd.

Quote by Virgil_Hart05
YOUR MOM (guitar) and YOUR OTHER MOM on drums
i saw you are trading a bc rich...i have an original epi g-400 i would trade
I have an LP Custom, and i love it sooooo much. Personally, i didnt like the SG as much because the LP just felt more solid than the SG. Sure it was a little easier to reach the upper frets on the SG, but i could reach all them on the LP anyway, just a tiny bit more of a stretch.
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite