I have an epiphone LP special II and I'm thinking about just changing the pickups instead of getting a new guitar for now. I play rock and punk and my price range can be up to $115, if not a little bit more.

I'd greatly appreciate any useful posts, thanks in advance!
Quote by bassmo_part2
Embryodead even if she was the hottest thing on the planet, there are lines you just don't cross and on my side of the line we don't finger our sisters.

Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join
i have a Epi LP standard plus. i was planning on putting some emgs in it, would that be a bad idea?
Gear:
Yamaha f-310 acoustic
Epiphone Les paul standard plus
Line 6 spider II 30 watt
Digitech Metal Master
^No-I've heard that the Epi Standard's sound quite good with upgraded pups. Including EMGs.

As for the Special II, Save for a new guitar. Also, what kind of amp do you have? A good amp can make even a crappy guitar sound decent.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
damn, I need to work on getting a new amp too, and I'mthinking about getting an AC30.
Quote by bassmo_part2
Embryodead even if she was the hottest thing on the planet, there are lines you just don't cross and on my side of the line we don't finger our sisters.

...... an AC30 VOX
Quote by bassmo_part2

anyways, aside from the overall crappyness of the guitar, is there any pickups I could use that might get it to sound a little better?
Quote by bassmo_part2

The amp would make it sound better-depending on your amp now. What is your current amp?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
a 25R Frontman Series II Fender amp.
Quote by bassmo_part2

an upgraded amp would be better that a new guitar...imo

save for one, definately dont let it burn a hole in ur pocket
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out:
Me
well the guitar is really personal to me, and I wanted to be able to use it in my gigs instead of another one. That's why I'm asking if I could upgrade it in order to keep playin it.
Quote by bassmo_part2

Your guitar body is made of Alder and Mahogany ... if you think about it, most folks are pretty happy with their Alder Strats with the HSS or HSH or HH PU combos. I don't see why investing in slightly better PUs would be a problem.

In the GB&C forum, some people have been pretty happy with the GuitarFetish PUs. If it's going to help you play guitar more, go for it.

BTW, I think it was Jenny/jj1565 who also said that there's nothing wrong with an Alder/Mahogany body. It's your guitar, after all.
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO FRICKIN' MUCH Ippon!!!!
I'll check into that, you're awesome man!!
Quote by bassmo_part2

Epi LP Special II's are alder mahogany?!?! I thought they were agathis!

In that case, yeah. Upgrade the pups!
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
so.....frickin'.......happy.......
Quote by bassmo_part2

^
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i personally think that the epi special 2 is a good guitar, i adjusted my pickups, and upgraded some cosmetic stuff so its pretty cool. the only thing is is that the tone isnt great when used with much much muccccch dist and gain. even with a pedal and equilizer.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by Ippon
Your guitar body is made of Alder and Mahogany ...

Website says laminated alder/maple. Not saying you're wrong, some might be alder/mahogany but it's quite possible different batches were made from different timbers, you know whatever was available and cheap at the time.