View poll results: Which out of the three
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
18 55%
Fender Blues Junior
10 30%
Peavey Classic 30
9 27%
Voters: 33.
Theres 3 amps that are cheaper tube amps that I have heard are nice. Im wondering whats different about them and which is better. These amps are:
Fender Blues Junior
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Peavey Classic 30

I know that everyone asks this, but would these all be loud enough to be heard over a loud drummer and loud guitar player with a 120W solid state amp. I know that tube amps sound like twice as loud as their wattage, but it just seems like 15-30W tube wouldnt be loud enough for this. My band also does some gigs. They arent large, but I want to be able to get pretty loud without micing the amp.
to ask which is better, depends on ur need.

-in ur case, sounds like ull need more than the fender blues jr.
-the peavy is nice (loud) and has gain. yes, itll be heard over a drummer but over a 120W? thats not definate.
- the fender hot rod will handle u volume wise. what type of music do u play?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I play classic rock, some dirty blues, rock, a little bit of metal but i can use my pedal, mostly like hendrix, van halen, guns n roses, led zeppelin, soloing stuff. My friend doesnt play his 120W full blast but im just saying that hes able to get pretty much as loud as he will ever need and I want to make sure I can get loud enough. Im thinking we probably play around somewhere at 30W. My old 30W SS amp was cranked sometimes and he was still a bit louder. I would like a preamp control so I can turn up the OD.
Ohh, and also yesterday in a store I tried the Peavey Classic 30 in a small independent store with a few guitars and it didnt impress me as much as people seem to think. It was used but looked like it was still in good condition. It sounded nice, dont get me wrong, but not as good as most people make it seem. It didnt sound to far from my Hartke GT60C amp that has a 12AX7 preamp tube. The OD sounded similar too, but lighter when the OD was cranked, than when the OD on my Hartke is cranked.
well if u can get away wt the 30 itll be worth it.
if u get too many watts on a tube amp and u cant crank it, ur not really getting the most out of it.

they sound best cranked.

i tried out the peavey when i was looking. was a really nice amp, but fender gets the best cleans for you as u know. (i went wt the blues jr, peavey wasnt what i was looking for )

traynor also makes a good mid sized tube amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
bro i own a hot rod deluxe and it is the loudest amp ive ever used(with exeption of stacks and halfstacks) my band gigged a festival and when we played i didnt even have to be miked all i had to do is mix my volume with the band (that was miked) i think i had the volume on about 4 or 5 its absolutley insane it goes to 12!!! go on ebay and find one about 2 months old i got mine still in plastic for 450 so that the way to go!!!!!!:-)
I voted C30, because it's got both a nice drive channel, and a pretty good clean channel, whereas the two Fenders IMO won't be gritty enough for you. A trick for the C30 though is a new tube change, the stock tubes are total crap. Really buzzy and thin sounding.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Out of them 3, I think the Blues Jr has the nicest cleans/blues tones, the Peavey has the best overdrive channel, and the Hot Rod has the ability to go loudest, and great cleans, depends which you'd rather have thought.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
very tight results!

another dream
i was taking a shower
and i took my penis off to wash it
but i couldnt figure out how to put it back on
so it ran away- Superunkown
beatiful anecdote
So I was thinking about getting one nice guitar like a Gibson Les Paul or PRS, but now im thinking that I should get a cheaper Fender Strat and put some EMG pickups in and then buy one of these amps. Maybe I would even be able to buy a strat and another cheaper guitar too. Would it be a good idea to buy a Fender strat ($400-500) put some EMGs (+$100), and buy maybe the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.
^^^what Do You Play?

another dream
i was taking a shower
and i took my penis off to wash it
but i couldnt figure out how to put it back on
so it ran away- Superunkown
beatiful anecdote
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
I play classic rock, some dirty blues, rock, a little bit of metal but i can use my pedal, mostly like hendrix, van halen, guns n roses, led zeppelin, soloing stuff.

Mostly all types of rock.
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
So I was thinking about getting one nice guitar like a Gibson Les Paul or PRS, but now im thinking that I should get a cheaper Fender Strat and put some EMG pickups in and then buy one of these amps. Maybe I would even be able to buy a strat and another cheaper guitar too. Would it be a good idea to buy a Fender strat ($400-500) put some EMGs (+$100), and buy maybe the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.

For EMG's none of these amps will sound great. I don't reccomend EMG's unless you have a VERY nice amp.

And the C30 sounds way better with humbuckers than the other ones. The Fender models give a kind of flabby bass with HB's.
Quote by harley10_5
bro i own a hot rod deluxe and it is the loudest amp ive ever used(with exeption of stacks and halfstacks) my band gigged a festival and when we played i didnt even have to be miked all i had to do is mix my volume with the band (that was miked) i think i had the volume on about 4 or 5 its absolutley insane it goes to 12!!! go on ebay and find one about 2 months old i got mine still in plastic for 450 so that the way to go!!!!!!:-)

Uh, I hope you know that the fact that it goes to 12 is pretty irrelevant in terms of volume...

I hope...