hey... well, ive always wanted an Ibanez JEM... but i just dont have all the money. and since we are poor bitches... we wont have much money for a while.
so heres the point:
i was browsing ebay hoping some dumbass would sell a jem for cheap ****. but got nothing... and then i saw this jem "replica" for $450. do any of you think it is reasonable to buy one? why or why not... thanky thankies.
it may be reasonable to buy as a replica, mainly for show, but not at that price, shouldn't pay more than $250 including delivery for a chinese one
Quote by rubberbullets
it may be reasonable to buy as a replica, mainly for show, but not at that price, shouldn't pay more than $250 including delivery for a chinese one

well it was korean... i know china makes all those $8 ones...

oh and both of those links are diffrent than my situation... in that the first one has nothing to do with what im talking about other than ebay... and the second one the dude payed 80, when these cost 450
he paid 80 pounds, and another 60 pounds for shipping (which is inflated, shipping from china on land/sea for a 15lb guitar and case is 20 pounds), so he probably paid about 120 pounds for the guitar, korea may be better than china when it comes to manufacturing official guitars like epiphones and such, but when you are buying a knockoff it's not like either country is going to go to any great lengths of construction or quality control
Okay, so just ask yourself, does it have the same pickups, neck, frets, body as the original JEM? If not I'll take a wild stab in the dark and say just like all the others it doesn't sounds the same, and the quality isn't the same. The only way you are going to get a cheap JEM is if someone has stole one, and they don't know how much they cost.
Ibanez RG321MH - (PAF Joe / FRED)
Vox AC30
Quote by Graphicism
Okay, so just ask yourself, does it have the same pickups, neck, frets, body as the original JEM? If not I'll take a wild stab in the dark and say just like all the others it doesn't sounds the same, and the quality isn't the same. The only way you are going to get a cheap JEM is if someone has stole one, and they don't know how much they cost.

well all i want right now is something that looks like it... sad huh? well ill throw in all new electronics and some new stuff eventually (true jem body and neck) but untill then... i wanna know if this is a good investment...
no, it's not a good investment, you want a knockoff guitar but you want to buy a korean one instead of china because the quality is better? they won't look or feel any different, they are both crap ripoffs of the real one, either get the cheapest knockoff or don't get any knockoffs, either way they are going to sound like ass, you could buy a chinese one and for the money you are saving just buy decent pickups straight away, stock pickups on ANY knockoff guitar are going to be unacceptable
but the ones im looking at have actual decent parts... such as a floyd rose trem (original) and Wizard necks... and i think basswood body...? would it still be decent if it had a good pickup change?
why not get the Ibanez Jem 555VWH?

its the lowest model jem besides the 333 which sucks. i realy don't consider the 555 to be a real jem though (but that is because i own a real Jem7VWH)

the jem 555 has evolution pickups (same as 7vwh) but the floating trem on it is very very poor and is why the guitar is not reliable. also it doesn't have a full vine down the neck, only a half vine.

and the headstock says ibanez Jem jr, intead of jem
http://richmusic.dmusic.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."
I wouldn't kid yourself concerning decent parts... a decent floyd rose will cost 200-300, basswood is very cheap, and although they do use it on the JEM I am guessing it is of different quality.

To be honest I think you would do better buying a White 350 that looks similar, and change the pipups which will total about $500...
Vox AC30
^ basswood is not a cheap wood by any means

it adds a completely different sound. and depends on the sound you are going for.

the Jem7VWH has an alder body, and since you have the evolution pickups, it makes the 7VWH a very bright guitar.

all other jems are basswood, some with Paf Pro's and Some with Breeds which balance everything out, again depending on the sound you are going for.

thing is, that the older jems are tough to find as they are not in production anymore. i am currently looking for a Jem77BFP

the only jem in production now that has a basswood body would be the Jem77BRMR, which has a mirror top, basswood body, and Breed pickups.

it isn't as visually appealing as the Jem7VWH because it has Hex dots instead of "Tree of Life" Vine

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."
Yes the 7V is alder, the 77 is basswood. I'm not saying basswood is cheap, I'm saying it can be cheap, i.e. not the same quality used in the JEM.
Vox AC30
i dont really haev anything useful to post right here but i am bored so, w/e
^say wah? Isnt his other Jem made of basswood?
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
evo is made of alder

flo is made of basswood

the reason flo is made of basewood is because it is really a Jem77FP

the neck was taken off, and the body painted white, then a Jem7VWH neck was added.

so it looks like a Jem7VWH but infact it is really a Jem77FP

it has a sustainer pickup in the neck.