How good are these amps?? I hear a lot about them, and was just wondering if they are worth the extra money, or are there other amps that are cheaper and better? And does the JCM 900 come in a solid state form, cause I found a deal on one online, and it said it was solid state, and I had always thought they were tubes.
..::RIP::..
Randy Rhoads & Dimebag
It's a JCM 900 moscet, whatever that means, I dont want to send anyone the link to take a look at it, cause they might get it, lol, ok i just gave it away, its on ebay. Its a good deal, and if its tube, im gonna jump on it like a 2 dollar wh*re.

I cant believe they actually edit that word, it isnt that bad, lol.
Randy Rhoads & Dimebag
Quote by VoodooMagic_69
i think frank iero from mcr uses a jcm 900

yea but he dont deserve it.

k i have a JCM900...and it rocks. Im running a 31 band EQ thru the effects loop and a Boss SD-1 in front of the amp and lemme tell ya i can get almost any sound from it i want. Right now i have it sounding like a Dual REcto...and its HHHHEEEEEAAAAAAAVVVVYYYYY.
But what the F does JCM 900 moscet mean?? God, I'll just send you all the flippin link, and if anyone on here bids on it, I will separate your nuts from your body.

http://cgi.ebay.com/80S-MARSHALL-LEAD-HEAD-AND-1936-JCM-900-2-12-CAB-NICE_W0QQitemZ7415396333QQcategoryZ38075QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I now feel like a complete idiot. After re-reading it, I find out its a Lead Mosfet head, and a JCM 900 cab. I am the meaning of dumbass.
Randy Rhoads & Dimebag
Quote by X_Deathrow_X
But what the F does JCM 900 moscet mean?? God, I'll just send you all the flippin link, and if anyone on here bids on it, I will separate your nuts from your body.

http://cgi.ebay.com/80S-MARSHALL-LEAD-HEAD-AND-1936-JCM-900-2-12-CAB-NICE_W0QQitemZ7415396333QQcategoryZ38075QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I now feel like a complete idiot. After re-reading it, I find out its a Lead Mosfet head, and a JCM 900 cab. I am the meaning of dumbass.

its ok man. everyone has their moments.

the Mosfet heads are like todays MGs
and JCM900 are almost all tube apart from the rectifier tube, so if you're looking for saggy tone, this isnt it.

i have the dual reverb version and rules. cant wait to retube it with high gain preamp tubes and KT77s. all JJs of course
Quote by jpetrucci5655

i have the dual reverb version and rules. cant wait to retube it with high gain preamp tubes and KT77s. all JJs of course

I have the 100watt hi-gain dual reverb too.

but be carefull with JJs. Youll either love em or hate em. Most tube amp techs HATE them.
Does Buzz from Melvins/Fantomas use a 900? I have seen some picks of Fantomas live and its definately a Marshall but I can't tell what model. It would be nice to know because I love his tone.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
I have the 100watt hi-gain dual reverb too.

but be carefull with JJs. Youll either love em or hate em. Most tube amp techs HATE them.

that's also what i've heard, but i've read so many reviews of ppl being satisfied with them. plus they aren't overly expancive and bob is a great guy.

i'm guessing they would be better than the original eletro-whatever ones that came with it.
i'm really eager to try the KT-77s in it. it's alrdy such a great amp.
Pass on it, lol, if its like todays MG's like kurdtkobaign said, I hear they suck the ass.
Randy Rhoads & Dimebag
Quote by X_Deathrow_X
Pass on it, lol, if its like todays MG's like kurdtkobaign said, I hear they suck the ass.

Good choice. Besides, Marshall is MARSHALL for their tube amps...

good luck with the rest of the search!

yay to the tubes.....
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!