i'm thinking of buying a peavey valveking 212 combo and was wondering if anyone has played one and, what did you think of it?. also i would like to know if it is loud enough to be heard by a drummer, and a guitarist using a peavey xxx.
Quote by Zoso-Zep
The truth is, most guitarist start out as losers. Most of us were unsocialble twats who couldnt get laid on our best day.......so we then invested all that spare time masterbating and playing guitar and after a while the pu$$y started rolling in..
It all depends on what style of music you're playing. I'm assuming metal (because of the XXX).

Am I right?
Try one out, see what you think of it.
It probably won't have as much gain as an XXX without an overdrive infront of it, but it'll be loud enough.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
would i be able to get a slash- like tone possibly? or would i need to purchase an overdrive pedal?
Quote by Zoso-Zep
The truth is, most guitarist start out as losers. Most of us were unsocialble twats who couldnt get laid on our best day.......so we then invested all that spare time masterbating and playing guitar and after a while the pu$$y started rolling in..
I'm not that familiar with them, try one out and see.
Although you might aswell get an overdrive just as a boost if you're gonna' get this amp anyway.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
would a zakk wylde overdrive pedal give it that crunchy sound?
Quote by Zoso-Zep
for an OD the usual suspects are the Ibanez Tubescreamer (ts-9/808), Maxon OD-9 (tubecscreamer with true bypass), Boss SD-1 (though its not in the same league as the others stock) and Boss BD-2 (as with the SD-1 but not more middle ground).

of course these pedals are for people who are on a budget the list grows for those who arent, and i am asuming you have a tight budget because you are looking at the valve king.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

I think you'll be ok with just the amp and no pedal, Ive tried one and it has plenty of gain, Sounds really good to.
Valve king is so sick
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Quote by jonnyguitarman
I think you'll be ok with just the amp and no pedal, Ive tried one and it has plenty of gain, Sounds really good to.

i havent tried it yet but, i heard they dont really have a lot of gain and are more suited for a classic rock type distortion, not metal.
Quote by Zoso-Zep
They really don't have as much gain as you would expect. Needs an overdrive for pretty much anything except blues and classic rock. It's an allright amp but with a speaker change and tube change it sounds beautiful. If you can't afford an OD, tubes, and a new speaker than I probably wouldn't go for it.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email