So today I was playing Master of Puppets and tonight my right shoulder is hurting. Does anyone know why? I was playing on my stratocaster and I was picking in front of the middle pickup.
did you maybe play the song a little to many times?
maybe your not used to playin at that speed for that long yet...
Maybe you are picking with your shoulder which is a bad habit to do. You should try to pick with your wrist motion instead.
your prolly tensing up, it is a fast song, make sure you focus on relaxing next time you play it and make sure to pick with your wrist only
Quote by AsShadowsRemain
Maybe you are picking with your shoulder which is a bad habit to do. You should try to pick with your wrist motion instead.

Actually his better off finding a good way of picking for himself.
I was told a million times to pick using my writs but i usually never do i just move my two fingers that are holding the pick and i never had problems,but I'm not saying i don't use my wrist,depends on what I'm playing at the moment.
Stretch before you play maybe? I've found that I get cramps in my right elbow even though I pick with my wrist. The tendons all link up and if you've ever hurt your shoulder or elbow it could be because of that.
I use my wrist I checked; my arm doesn't even move, just my wrist so I don't think that's the problem.