hey guys,

i have a 50's strat but the middle pickup doesnt have a whole lot of push so im gonna get a new one and i was kinda considering the vintage duncan single coil, a texas special tele pickup, or a lace sensor pickup. does anybody have any suggestions on these or any that you think would be a better option. i play mostly blues rock so if anybody can help me with my problem.

thank you
Curt
It's normal really...the middle position of a Strat is infamous for being completedly useless. People mostly use it just as hum cancelling in conjunction with the bridge or neck.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Well, its pretty much like.. neck pickup redux, except you actually need to concentrate on it (rather than just flicking your switch to the neck).. so get something REALLY different, for 2 neck tones.
i agree with 'that pink queen' i'm a strat player, always have been, dude all i use it for is to cancel the humming u get that true strat sound that way. I dont think i ever use just the middle pickup, there really is no use for it on its own to be perfectly honest.