i recently purchased a white gibson flying v. i am extremely tempted to customize the $hit out of it. currently i am getting an emg 81 installed in the bridge and an 85 in the neck. what else could i do?! i really want to make it my own and unique. i play hardcore and metal incase ur wondering
lol the emg 81 85 setup is good but I wouldn't say it's unique.
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
theres not much else to do besides cosmedic sh!t and if your thinking of getting a trem system dont its a huge pain in the ass
Give it a sweet pickguard, like a black one or something! That would be sweet, and maybe paint it a psychedelic paintjob like Jimi!
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
where the hell do u get guitar paintjobs? lol. im a straight-edge so i wanted to get "XxX" in pearl on the 12th fret but how the hell do u get that done? i dont think they sell pickguards for V's but im sure i could just take it off and get one of the painters at my dads bodyshop to spray it.
Quote by slashshredder07
where the hell do u get guitar paintjobs? lol. im a straight-edge so i wanted to get "XxX" in pearl on the 12th fret but how the hell do u get that done? i dont think they sell pickguards for V's but im sure i could just take it off and get one of the painters at my dads bodyshop to spray it.

Was that a serious post or were you just making fun of hardcore kids? I would like to see a 50's style color picture (like a few Jackson USA paintjobs) on a V. That could be cool. Good luck with the customizing.
afterburner dude, made by EMG as well its gives your extra gain and distortion a kick more:
http://www.emginc.com/displayproducts.asp?catalogid=69&section=Accessories&categoryid=32
and
if you really want a heavier sound you could also put in a phase shifter switch it comes in the kerry king set comes with it:

http://www.emginc.com/displayproducts.asp?catalogid=183&section=Guitar&categoryid=6

It all depends on how much of a gain monster you plan on building, i mean emgs are great for distortion why not build a distortion monster.

i personally only have the ZW set in my Epiphone ZW custom and i love that guitar and enjoy every second of it =D
Last edited by O00Coolzero00O at May 23, 2006,
lol that was a serious post. i have the KFK set of emgs but the decible booster is a pain in the ass to put in Vs. heard u gotta do some altering to the body
Personally I'd leave the XxX off of it, maybe pur a razor instead, that'd be a hardcore way to say you're straight-edge.

www.warmoth.com has pickgaurds.
You can paint it yourself if you dare. www.projectguitar.com has a lot of useful info. The EMG set sounds god, as far as trems, you could have a luthier install a Kahler or Floyd Rose or something if you're willing to fork out 50-150$ or something, look around.

If you want a sweet pickguard you could cut out a piece of diamond plate to shape, someone on another forum has one and it looks SWEET. http://home.cogeco.ca/~screamingdaisy2/doomcaster1.JPG