Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows any good songs to fingerpick? I know Stairway To Heaven, Nothing Else Matters, Fade To Black, and I'm learning Babe I'm Gonna Leave You. I Really like finger picking on the acoustic but I'm having a hard time finding more songs to play... so if anyone has some suggestions? Thanx.
under the bridge - RHCP. Not all acoustic, but the intro is great. There's also an acoustic version, so...there ya go.
kansas - dust in the wind
mason williams - classical gas
the beatles - blackbird
fleetwood mac - landslide
sting - every breath you take
Jack Johnson- Taylor, Banana Pancakes, Better Together
John Mayer- Your body is a wonderland, why georgia, comfortable, neon
Taking Back Sunday- New American Classic
***Steel Train- W. 12th. Night Falls,
You could do some of Mark Trimonties stuff. I don't know if you are a Creed fan or Alter Bridge fan. I know some of his stuff is finger picked.
anything by James Taylor. Lindsay Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac fingerpicks, too. So does Mark Knopfler.
Hi, I'm Peter
Anji--Bert Jansh
Tangerine Puppet--Donovan
Everything else I would mention has already been mentioned
Quote by PinkFloydSlave
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows any good songs to fingerpick? I know Stairway To Heaven, Nothing Else Matters, Fade To Black, and I'm learning Babe I'm Gonna Leave You. I Really like finger picking on the acoustic but I'm having a hard time finding more songs to play... so if anyone has some suggestions? Thanx.

There's a couple hundred years worth of classical guitar music, covering all imaginable levels of difficulty, that is very rewarding to work on. You're pretty much guaranteed to never run out of material!
I can't believe no one here has said Imagine--John Lennon. There are plenty of adaptations for guitar floating around, and it's a really pretty song.

Also, Jack Johnson--Constellations

If you're more advanced in the art of fingerpicking, you could try Angeles by Elliott Smith, or Communion Cups and Someone's Coat by Iron and Wine.
Trapeeze Swinger by Iron and Wine is also a beastly song and try some of these
Shinedown (or Skynard)- Simple Man
Jack Johnson- Traffic in the Sky
Police- Message in a bottle
Death Cab for Cutie- Title and Registration

and any Dave Mathews Band or Jack Johnson stuff is sweeet
seriously... the threadstarter specifically requested fingerpicking songs... whats with all the non-fingerstyle suggestions?
Bron Y Aur Stomp by Led Zeppelin is realy challenging to play. it requires some fast fingerpicking skills but sounds great once you nail it.
Hey guys, thanx for all the suggestions, even though some of the songs aren't really fingerpicking style, whatever... Awesome songs regardless.
Theres a great tab for ramblin jack elliott's railroad bill, some of that folk and blues is the best fingerpicking out there, especially bob dylans dont think twice, its alright