i may be buying a used telecaster (2000 - 2001) for 300 candian. it has a small chip on the back, the frets are worn down a bit and there are minor scratches on the head, on the neck where it comes to the body, and the pick ups are scratched.
this is a mexican tele and i was j/w if it was worth or if i should get a new one from long+mcquade for 550 ish canadian???
Setup:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-Top
Crap GK strat
Vox Valvetronix 15 watt
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
Boss DS-1
Hey, if you like it, go for it, but if I were you, I'd try to get my hands on a MIJ Tele, but that's just my preference.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
As long as it plays fine, who cares about scratches really?

And ^^^Yea, Japanese Tele's are the sex.
They're a bit more expensive than Mexi's, and the same quality of USA's.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
$300 canadian? what is that, like $14 USD? Or perhaps six gazillion pesos ..........

I bought a used MIM standard sunburst Tele about a year ago, hard-shell case, stand, two cables, and a Squier amp for $225 American dollars several months ago. The guy who sold it told me the the pick ups just died on him and he had them replaced by a pro. It looked like one of those guitars that someone bought thinking they would plearn to play, then just stuck it away in the closet.

He started out asking $350, eventuallly dropped to the final sale price after noone responded seriously to his ad.

I'd offer him less, unless it's something you just can't live without.
i always thought that japanese china and korean guitars were the poorest quality, then mexicans then usa
Setup:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-Top
Crap GK strat
Vox Valvetronix 15 watt
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
Boss DS-1
^I'll agree with China and Korea guitars being sort of crappy, but all the High-end ESP's, Ibanez's, and middle-range Fenders are made in Japan. I personally love all Japanese guitar, even the cool 70's lawsuit brands like Teisco Del Rey and Univox.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Which doesn't mean that there aren't some excellent guitars coming out of Korea.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Quote by elec_guitar_97
i always thought that japanese china and korean guitars were the poorest quality, then mexicans then usa

They used to talk like that about automobiles once