hey am just getting into a band and im going to purchace a new tube amp from guitar center. im pretty much decided on the voxac15. I really need to know if this will be loud enough to play in small clubs and bars over drummers. its 15 watts all tube. and also would it possibly be better that its only 15 watts so when its cranked it will just be a really badass tone. thanks for the help!
Hey
i think you should get the 30 watt one
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Cranking it all the way up isnt healthy to your amp. And the last time i played with a drummer, i cant hear **** with my ss 15w amp. At least try to get a 30w preferably or a good tube.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at May 22, 2006,
A 15w tube amp will be louder than any instrument, and can rival mic'd instruments.
Quote by (-) Ions
A 15w tube amp will be louder than any instrument, and can rival mic'd instruments.

lets not get carried away here.

Quote by madpickin03
Cranking it all the way up isnt healthy to your amp. And the last time i played with a drummer, i cant hear **** with my ss 15w amp. At least try to get a 30w preferably or a good tube.

its fine for your amp it aint goin to hurt it much. the AC15 is a tube amp. 2 el84's and 2 12AX7's.

it should be just about right for a not so hard hitting drummer.

but to be safe...a 30watt version might be better. you never know when youre going to need the extra headroom.
15 watts is loud enough, but you'll probably be starting to get some overdriven tones out of your amp. Headroom is the biggest issue w/ tubes, IMO.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
What styles are you playing? And have you tried out the amp?
They're great little amps by the way, and my 15watt valve amp overpowers a drummer easily.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i play mostley rock classic rock and blues and its a tube amp i hear 15 watts of tube amp power is fine over a drummer
Hey
Yup, and it'll suit your styles amazingly.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
an AC15 is louder than most 15 watt tube amp due to its psuedo-class A operation. Its plently loud enough to play with drums but it might not project the sound well enough throughout the club by itself so micing it through a PA will make it that much more effective. Their tone is very good though. you'll get more head room with a strat-type guitar and better crunch tones with a Les Paul-type guitar.