The part where the bass does a little solo thing? He kicks in a bit of distortion there so it stands out more.

Other than that I think it may be the Rickenbacker, those things have a sound of their own to what I've heard.
what a coincidence, im listening to that EXACT video, and learning the bassline too.

im just learning the main riff, and then the "1111144444" etc. part, and my bands filling in with our own solo's.
Thanks for the help!
Can i make my Ibanez GRS180 sound like a Rickenbacker?
The sound is priceless.

Never seen one here in my city in Sweden.
Last edited by 4String_Maniac at May 22, 2006,
Looking at it again, I'm thinking its more of just a rickenbacker shaped bass with a P-bass pickup (Billy Sheehan, with which played with Gilbert in Mr Big used a modified one exclusively in the early part of his carreer). But again, I'm not a bassist (go ask in the bass forum )

another link for the video since youtube doesnt work
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3011321663930966226&q=paul+gilbert

are you talking about the sound in general or the thing that happens at 58 seconds and a few other places? That would be the distortion pedal; Boss make an ok one, a bassist I know has one and it sounds relatively like that. A lot of bassists like the Electro Harmonix Big Muff but I dont think it'll sound like that, listen to Anathesia (Pulling Teeth) by Metallica for an idea of the sound of it.
Last edited by seljer at May 22, 2006,
Quote by seljer
Looking at it again, I'm thinking its more of just a rickenbacker shaped bass with a P-bass pickup (Billy Sheehan, with which played with Gilbert in Mr Big used a modified one exclusively in the early part of his carreer). But again, I'm not a bassist (go ask in the bass forum )

another link for the video since youtube doesnt work
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3011321663930966226&q=paul+gilbert

are you talking about the sound in general or the thing that happens at 58 seconds and a few other places? That would be the distortion pedal; Boss make an ok one, a bassist I know has one and it sounds relatively like that. A lot of bassists like the Electro Harmonix Big Muff but I dont think it'll sound like that, listen to Anathesia (Pulling Teeth) by Metallica for an idea of the sound of it.

I mean in general it sounds so smooth.
By the way in your profile it says you dont play guitar or anything and don't know why you are here. But how the hell do you know all this stuff
Quote by mangablade
what a coincidence, im listening to that EXACT video, and learning the bassline too.

im just learning the main riff, and then the "1111144444" etc. part, and my bands filling in with our own solo's.

By the way good luck with the learning hope you make it fit. Cus the song kicks ass.