Page 1 of 3
27.5" scale length, tuned B-b
EMG 81 and 85. Alder wings with laminated maple neck through, and ebony f/board.
"Vortex" swirl paint, "Cyclone" inlays.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Last edited by ormsby guitars at Dec 19, 2007,
ADD VIRGIN'S BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Last edited by ormsby guitars at May 31, 2006,
Quote by ormsby guitars

it looked really, REALLY nice here
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
it looked really, REALLY nice here

As much as id like to have the final say on how each guitar ends up, i do have to built to client's specs.... this guitar was SUPPOSED to be just matt black with no inlays. I managed to talk the guy around into something i bit more "out there". All in all, i loved how this one turned out, and the tone (considering its EMG's) is mind blowing.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
I love this guitar and I love your work. Can you put graphic designs on the body of the guitar, if asked i.e. a picture of someone?

I'd love to have a guitar made by you.

Also, a little tip. You need to get your website redesigned. In its current state, it sucks.
Quote by Smoking Noodles
I love this guitar and I love your work. Can you put graphic designs on the body of the guitar, if asked i.e. a picture of someone?

I'd love to have a guitar made by you.

Also, a little tip. You need to get your website redesigned. In its current state, it sucks.

I dont have any limits, anything is possible.
Id love to make you a guitar
The website is fine, im not changing it around AGAIN... but it is a works in progress and subject to some big changes soon

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
OMG, im in Melbourne, i want an ormsby guitar made for me now lol. Only a couple more months til i got enough cash
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
Hey whats the turn around tim ehow long dos it take for you to make one
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join

Holy ****, I love that guitar...
---------------
VOX AD30VT
BOSS GT8

Want to build a Jackson, to be fairly freaking honest.

Quote by Kanthras
Put some crap in the hole, like something sticky. And liquid-ish.
deviantART: Click Here
Good to see you found this place. I lurk abit around project guitar and have seen your work. It's really nice stuff.
But how did you do those inlays? metal flakes and epoxy? Or is it a secret?
Quote by ormsby guitars
As much as id like to have the final say on how each guitar ends up, i do have to built to client's specs.... this guitar was SUPPOSED to be just matt black with no inlays. I managed to talk the guy around into something i bit more "out there". All in all, i loved how this one turned out, and the tone (considering its EMG's) is mind blowing.

i understand that

do you do basses?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
i heard on the perthband forums before it went kaboom that he was going to build one but something happened and he didnt end up building one. though im sure he could after seeing his work
looks nice how does it play and sound?
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
Quote by dave293
But how did you do those inlays? metal flakes and epoxy? Or is it a secret?

Yeah, sweet guitar. I'm also wondering about the inlays.
Quote by Syn Harvest
Hey whats the turn around tim ehow long dos it take for you to make one

totally depends on what shape, neck joint, and 'artistic inspiration', etc. If i already have a 'simular' guitar on order, i try and lump them together. Absolute longest is about 15 months, but generally on average its about nine months now.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by gibson_10
looks nice how does it play and sound?

As usual, i found it hard to part with this one when it was all finished. You just cant put so much love and effort into an instrument, and not get bonded to it. I offered the client more than his money back just so i could keep it. He didnt even hesitate in telling me where i could shove my offer

Quote for the owner:
"This is the sickest, most bull**** guitar ive EVER had my hands on, let alone owned. It ****s all over simons PRS, even he said so, and you know how much of a PRS junky he is. Simon wants to come down and chat about a custom, put your prices up!"

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by azn_guitarist25
i heard on the perthband forums before it went kaboom that he was going to build one but something happened and he didnt end up building one. though im sure he could after seeing his work

Yes i make basses. I have two on order currently, which will be started very soon. Both through necks, with some wild inlays. I think (not confirmed yet) one will have an optic fibre lighting system up the net

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by grimreaper65
How much does a guitar like that run?

it was JUST over $3000 Australian, which is about $2250 US dollars

Delete the baritone scale (27.5") and binding, and you'll save $400ish dollars

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Do you ship internationally? Or are only residents of Australia allowed to reap the benefits of your awesome service?
I currently have guitars in sweden and the USA. I have orders for more which are going to the UK. I will be flying to Los Angeles in August to hand deliver 6 guitars to clients who have ordered customs. Thats service :P

Normally i just send them via courier though.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by ormsby guitars
it was JUST over $3000 Australian, which is about $2250 US dollars

Delete the baritone scale (27.5") and binding, and you'll save $400ish dollars

WOAH WOAH WOAH....

a very good professional lutheir like you, making a guitar as beatiful and im guessing good playing/sounding (judging from owner) as that, and asking only that much for it!?

wow.

just
friggin
wow.

ill carve your name into my wall so 5 years from now when im in need of a 6 string fretless bass with exotic tonewoods, a 4 band EQ and some other random electronics... yeah..... yeah
oi man how do you get your logo on the headstock to look so pro? what is the process? or if anyone else knows please tell me, i need it for my fretless. seriously dude, nice build
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
Quote by mangablade
WOAH WOAH WOAH....

a very good professional lutheir like you, making a guitar as beatiful and im guessing good playing/sounding (judging from owner) as that, and asking only that much for it!?

wow.

just
friggin
wow.

ill carve your name into my wall so 5 years from now when im in need of a 6 string fretless bass with exotic tonewoods, a 4 band EQ and some other random electronics... yeah..... yeah

Ive had a couple people ask why im so "cheap". Well.... i dont think i am...

I dont sell any guitars to music store retailers, who demand 40% markup, or 25-30
% commission. Instantly, that means more dollars in my pocket, and more in yours.
I dont have a big budget advertising campaign like the big boys. I rely on word of mouth, and let my workmanship speak for me. When i do advertise, i make sure i get the best bang for my bucks, not just some random advert in a random location, in a magazine no-one reads. Having said that, ive only placed a hand full of adverts in magazines, Australian Guitar being the biggest.
I have a VERY small workshop. Its about the size of your average master bedroom. That means i save on rent. It really is tiny. My spray booth and my toilet are in the same room... that makes for some VERY INTERESTING times
I build new guitars AND do repairs. The repair work is what pays my bills.... but its the new guitars that give me a warm fuzzy feeling at the end of the week.
I dont have staff, so i dont have to fork out fist fulls of dollars for workers insurance, taxes, etc etc. I dont need to pay someone to stand around talking all day, i can do that myself for free

the logo on that guitar is a decal. If you want to make pro grade instruments, you need to do some research and trials. I'll tell you its a decal, im cool with that, but now you have to complete the research and find out the best types to use under different lacquers. Know what i mean???

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
cool. i'll have to hit you up for one next year.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Page 1 of 3