hey guys,

I recorded a really bad improv over an "I Got Rhythm' bt. The recording quality is quite ****ty, so is the mixing, and the playing as well, lol. This was recorded a few weeks ago.

Hanging with some friends, wachting some tv, makin' some music. So I was chatting with some friends at the same time that this was actually recorded, "oh cool lick", etc. (you don't hear that of course, straight into pc.)

In case you guys didn't knew, this is a jazz standard written by Gershwin.

Equipment used:

Squier Stratocaster w/ John Suhr V-60 Sets Low Peak pickups.
Line 6 Pod 2.0

Nothin' too serious, but check it out anyways.

http://media.putfile.com/I-Got-Rhythm-64

Thats cool man. Most of these guys on here cant hit chord changes.
We need more jazz on here.
::::Soul Prospect::::
♪♫♫♫♪
Last edited by Reverb X at May 22, 2006,
Hey thanks Reverb X, and yeah we most definatly need some other stuff than acoustic/classic rock, blues and shred in here

thanks for the reply
first off, excellent tone mos.

Was that a bt, or did you play it? Or was it possibly the original, which i havent heard. Sounded excellent in any case

Not much to say, most of it was quite good, typical jazz stuff, some parts got a little boring, for lack of a better word, but considering it was just improv it was great. Though, for jazz, what else is there really?

it was quite excellent music to trip out too. thats really all i've got on it, but good stuff.

btw, you start college in the fall right?
Thanks. I'll check yours out later, I have to go to school to make a German Exam

Quote by PooKoo
first off, excellent tone mos.

Was that a bt, or did you play it? Or was it possibly the original, which i havent heard. Sounded excellent in any case

Not much to say, most of it was quite good, typical jazz stuff, some parts got a little boring, for lack of a better word, but considering it was just improv it was great. Though, for jazz, what else is there really?

it was quite excellent music to trip out too. thats really all i've got on it, but good stuff.

btw, you start college in the fall right?

Exellent tone? lol thanks, this wasn't even my gear. (excluding the pickups, they used to be mine...) And the funniest thing of this is, is that the pickups are more expensive than the guitar itself haha.

Backing track, by Aebershold.

Haha thanks, I guess
I'm not an expert in terms of jazz improvisation, but anyway...

Sounded pretty damn good. Laid back, well phrased licks. No messed up runs. Awesome backing.

Keep it up! I like this your new jazz approach a lot more than your older style!
good, you didn't hit the chord changes badly. It should have ended alot earlier, and when u try to speed up at the end you playing seems to get really messy. Go explore the fretboard some more. This may seem harsh but, its harsh loving. Keep it up
Thanks a lot guys

Oh, and Def. No hard feelings, I know that it can get better (but what can't?!) and I'm working on it, thanks for pointing it out
I applaud you. You actually have a musical sense. I would rather take that over half the "shred" wannabe's around here. I'm not saying "shred" is bad (I love Vai, Gilbert, Petrucci, etc). It's just that most people around here try to become the next shred superhero, but they leave out one important aspect of it: the music.
R.I.P. Shawn "Memphis Monster" Lane

Member #8 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Hey thanks waylay00, I see you're a Shawn Lane fan, that's a good thing for sure

And "shred wannabes", well, of course. It's good that they're really busy with technique and such, but it gets quite annoying as well. They all reckon that if someone plays really technical he is a guitar god....Like wtf.(Cough Rusty Cooley...)

I completely agree with you man, they should listen to some more music, they'll realize that sooner or later though.

Thanks for leaving the reply
Dang that's some jazzy ****. *snaps finger to the beat*

Hells yes. This is good bro.
Can't stand the start, sorry to say. The guitar doesnt really blend well with the backing, nor does it stand out in a good way. Im not fond of the tone, either. The playing does nothing to catch my ear at all.

Thank god it picks up. When it gets a little rockier, a little shreddier, it gets more interesting, a bit more conviction. I like the BT, but really, i find your playing on this a little substandard. Tis a shame, but not one lick grabbed me and made me want to figure it out, or made me feel you had just found the "right" lick for that moment... *shrug*
hey, not too keen on the main tone that the slow melodies are played with however when you start the kinda soloin leads the tone changes and i thikn its for the better...some fast riffage in there.

Never been a fan of jazz to be honest but I can respect its skill, think you did quite a good job

crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364923
Quote by Master Of Shred
hey guys,

I recorded a really bad improv over an "I Got Rhythm' bt. The recording quality is quite ****ty, so is the mixing, and the playing as well, lol. This was recorded a few weeks ago.

Hanging with some friends, wachting some tv, makin' some music. So I was chatting with some friends at the same time that this was actually recorded, "oh cool lick", etc. (you don't hear that of course, straight into pc.)

In case you guys didn't knew, this is a jazz standard written by Gershwin.

Equipment used:

Squier Stratocaster w/ John Suhr V-60 Sets Low Peak pickups.
Line 6 Pod 2.0

Nothin' too serious, but check it out anyways.

http://media.putfile.com/I-Got-Rhythm-64

your playing just seems to get better, although id have preferred to hear you dig in a bit more on some of the faster runs, you know, give the lines a bit more attack and articulation--listen to JIm Hall or Tal Farlow--but im sure this is down to your discretion and youre' probably more than capable of doing. I also liked the way you used some double stops and bends in there from time to time--it didnt sound too static or linear, really characteristic.

And Pookoo, i liked your video too, real dreamy Satch sounding legato lines and some pretty nifty sweeping in there too. tapping sweeped arpeggios always raises an eyebrow!
Thank God im an atheist
Mos- I already listened to it on SU, but never got to leaving a message. It's really good! Great phrasing, great tone, but further into the song the guitar seems to get quiter and the backing track seems to be louder than the actual guitar.
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!