So yea, what difference will it make if I have a rosewood or maple neck on a telecaster?
Not much to elaborate on, I just don't know. I think maple looks cool. Should anything else factor into the equation?

probably. eh?
I don't know how real this is, but when i play maple and rosewood strats, the maple ones feel flatter and the rosewoods are slightly more rounded, on the fretboard that is. Rosewood has a slightly darker sound, and maple is brighter
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
Quote by namman05
I don't know how real this is, but when i play maple and rosewood strats, the maple ones feel flatter and the rosewoods are slightly more rounded,

Nah, thats just neck radius.
the wood your fretboard is made of gives you a different sound? i thought it just went off the body...
Cheers fellers, that clears that one up.
It's for a pet project of mine by the way, I'm gonna buy a stock squier standard tele and then buy pickups and parts over a few months and make a jeff buckley tele replica. So all the pickups etc... and the mirror scratchplate.
May have to consider forking out the extra dough for a fender though on account of the neck.
Still, would save me the trouble of buying the extra neck pickup...
hmm, need to meditate on it.

oh, sorry btw,
Quote by Gutch220

I honestly typed in those exact words into the search bar but it just didn't work. Maybe i only searched the guitar forum, but that said, there's already plenty of em in there. Cheers though.
Yeah rosewood has a darker sound. Maple is bright, sometimes too bright in my opinion. But an anomaly I just discovered; I was playing at looking at a Fender Highway 1 Strat with a maple neck, and it didn't sound too bright. Sounded great... I think I'm actually going to buy it. But then, I plug in another with a rosewoood neck, and it even sounded brighter. Yeah I know it sounds crazy. But its true.