At the moment, I have a horrible little Squire starter amp. And this MUST BE CHANGED!

I play mostly indie/alt music; Snow Patrol, Mogwai, The Killers, Razorlight, Athlete etc

I do not play in a band at the moment, but hope to form one with drums and bass in the near future. So I need an amp that will be loud enough for practicing / small gigs.

I own a Fender USA Telecaster.

Budget will be £350 tops. I would prefer to buy used. I live in the UK, so bear in mind prices may be slightly different.
You won't be around forever girl, you gotta grab life with both hands.

Gear:
USA Fender Telecaster
Tweed Fender Blues Junior
Boss DD-3
Boss RC-2
Boss BD-2
Boss GE-7
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
Handmade AB box
MXR Micro Amp Clone
ok you could probably get a decent 30 watt fender but thats is a pretty low limit if you are going to start playing in a band.go look around some pawn shops they might have some stuff.
Yeah, the Peavey classic 30, or even better the 50. Four of those 10" speakers could do wonders for your style of music. Just look for them used, they won't run you too high, and they're amazing all tube amps.
stereobloom.bandcamp.com
facebook.com/stereobloommusic
i just got an mg250dfx. i can't really see why everyone hates them (i got it before seeing everyone against them otherwise i wouldn't have bothered) i think it has a pretty good sound to it if you combine it with the right equipment
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
ok you could probably get a decent 30 watt fender but thats is a pretty low limit if you are going to start playing in a band.go look around some pawn shops they might have some stuff.

What would you consider to be an 'ok' limit for starting to play in a band then.

And 'stuff' in 'some pawn shops' wasnt quite the detailed answer I was looking for from you lot.

Gear:
USA Fender Telecaster
Boss DD-3
Boss RC-2
Boss BD-2
Boss GE-7
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
Handmade AB box
MXR Micro Amp Clone
i would imagine something like an orange or a fender would be nice for indie type music, i always associate orange amps with indie music for some reason.....
30 watts would probably be plenty for a practice/small gig setting. If you get something like 50 watts, your gonna have more than enough power.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
What would be a good price to pay for a used Peavey Classic 30 in the UK?
Or a Fender all-tube?

Gear:
USA Fender Telecaster
Boss DD-3
Boss RC-2
Boss BD-2
Boss GE-7
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
Handmade AB box
MXR Micro Amp Clone
Quote by Danno13
Laney VC series?

..or is it VH? I always get mixed up...

yes that defo what you want i have the vc30 and its all tube and easily powerful enough for gigs and practice. check www.gak.co.uk
30 watts Valve should be more than powerful enough for rehearsals and small gigs.
THe valve Peavey second hand is a good choice or one of the combo Laney's.

Maybe something like this from Ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Laney-vc30-tube-guitar-amp_W0QQitemZ170021140731QQihZ007QQcategoryZ10171QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've never played them but the more retro sound should suite your style of music.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Quote by Matt_M_2002
What would be a good price to pay for a used Peavey Classic 30 in the UK?
Or a Fender all-tube?

Peaveys are really overpriced here, I'd forget them if I were you. Take a look at some Laneys - VC30 or LC30.

If you want to compare prices,

http://www.gak.co.uk

is a good place to look.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I have to disagree with those suggesting Marshall solid state amps (MG and AVT series). To each his own, but if you can afford an all-tube amp, that would be much better than a marshall solid state, IMO.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by SuperAnalytical
Haven't seen you post in a while, TN. Nice to see you.

I am also in agreement with you.

I've been around, but school+football+terrible internet leaves little time for posting.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86