Hi all,

I recently bought a hollow body electric, its an Ibanez, and its great.
However, i wanted to play it acoustically aswell, just to experiment, get to know my guitar in more depth than just a quick session in the shop before i bought it.

So anyway, i raised the bridge with the two adjustable screws at the ends of it to elimiate fret buzz (because there was a hell of alot).

Anyway by raising it i inadvertanly damaged it, i dont know what wood its made out of, i suspect its spruce, but the strings have cut deep groves into it and thats where they lay as oppose to resting on the top.

Now whenever i play it without the amp i get a weird kind of humming/bizzing for the BRIDGE. Its not fret buzz its different. When im playing it sort of sounds like theres slight distortion/overdrive on it which sounds cool but i dont like it. It needs to stop.

So what the hell should i do?
We could do with some photos so we can see exactly what the strings are rubbing on etc. If you do that, i think someone might be able to give u some help. How does it sound plugged into an amp?
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
strum and touch the bridge.

touch different parts. you're looking to see if something on the the bridge is loose or cracked.
it should stop vibrating when touched.

try to see where the problem is then repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Ok iv taken a pictured, sorry its a bit blurry bit if you look you can see the strings have cut into the bridge and are now not laying ontop as they should but rather in the wood.

Oh and i played it acoustically whilst holding the bridge, it ddint help
Attachments:
Picture 028.jpg
Did you loosen your strings before raising the bridge?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Did you loosen your strings before raising the bridge?

No I assumed the bridge would be able to take it.
Quote by JerrySeinfeld
No I assumed the bridge would be able to take it.

Look at the bright side: If it was a metal bridge, raising it a lot without loosening the strings would've caused the high E string to break and slash up your face .

At least you still have your face.

You're probably going to need a new bridge.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by JerrySeinfeld
where can i get one from? i live in England

Where did you buy your guitar?

A local store with Ibanez guitars should be able to order Ibanez parts in, or have them in stock.
Just bring it to your local guitar store. They'll be able to get one for you and fix it.
Quote by utsapp89