what would be a good single coil pickup (probably stacked humbucker) for the bridge position on a guitar with a solid alder body and maple neck/fretboard?...i play rock, blues, shred, heavy metal..Kthxbye
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Seymour Duncan Invader
[Jedi Mind Trick] "These are not the droids you are looking for." [/Jedi Mind Trick]
^ **** NO

It's not even a single coil. And it has horrid tone. I'm not not a fan of stacked single coils. Bad tone in my opinion. How bout Lace Senor Hot golds. Amazing pickups for blues and rock. And can pull off shred. They won't be amazing for heavy metal however.
oh well^ i could deal with that...my G-400 covers the metal-ness-icity...this strat im getting will be for a more blues/classic rock/ ****ing around with the vibrato guitar.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

well, depends how hot u want it.

what did u put in the other two spots?

hot golds are nice, but for hotter, u could go railed seymour duncan or stacked dimarzio.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^i was thinking either a Super Distortion S...or a Hot rail...and in the other two spots i havent put anything yet because i mainly use the bridge pup...and stocks are actually quite good for single coils...but i will eventually get around to switching them too...any suggestions?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

what do u want out of this guitar?
is it a strat? if u want to use it for metal then i suggest looking if its routed for a humbucker in the bridge.

if u know itll only fit a single and u want a hot, high output railed single then Hot rails are pretty cool. they run silient and sound like hot singles. ive got one in my bridge.
in my mid ive got a stacked Virtual Vintage heavy blues from dimarzio. i love it.

in the neck u can put a hot gold from lace, something with excellent cleans.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

damn your good jenny! yeah thats a good combo..and i was looking at some "lace" pickups the other day, seemed good...i dont remember the price though...and yeah its a strat model...Austin...its fecking awesome, i still dont have it..i still need like another 100 bucks before i can afford it...but im putting it on layaway as soon as possible tomorrow...and then i dont have to worry about some douchebag playing it and breaking it...and then i dont have to worry about anything except getting the extra money...and i could give you a link to the guitar if you wanna see it and junk...although im not sure why you would..

ZEDIT: and i dont want to put a humbucker in the bridge position even if its routed for one, i find on strats they look too out of place...so ill stick with the 3 single coils and puts a Hot Rail more than likeley in the bridge...and jenny's other suggestions in the middle and neck
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Last edited by The_Hell_Patrol at May 22, 2006,

thats my 10yr old strat. u can see the rails at the bridge.
to listen to clips, mostly low gain stuff u can click my sig.

good luck, and keep asking around. pickups are all about $70 each, who knows u might come up with more combos.
this is why i love strats so much.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

that looks really nice looking!...and yeah...i live in can-eh-deh...so like 70 bucks american is 3409834 thousand here...actually it will be somehwere around 100 bucks...then some store added price...so it will be over a longggggg period of time before i get all 3 replaced
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn