hey, so im thinking of buying a new amp. The one i had has seen its day. I got it for nothing about five years ago so i i think its time i actually buy an amp. In my local music shop i saw this one -> http://www.guitar.com.au/amplifiers/electric/hiwatt/g100.htm

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it. As in, would it be loud enough to go over drums? Its just I could get it for cheap brand new so I thought I should check it out first... Cheers!!
no, hiwatt are good, think classic brit rock tone dont listen to dirtyboots cos they rock!
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
Quote by stevo192
no, hiwatt are good, think classic brit rock tone dont listen to dirtyboots cos they rock!

They do make a bunch of average/subpar solid state amps and I've got a feeling that the one posted is one of them :/
crap. i was hoping to have a decent amp for this weekend. ive a jam session all lined up but im ampless. hmm, ill see what else is in there and see what folks think. im not to tech. minded so i can be useless when it comes to this stuff.
I consider buying excactly this amp. I'd like to hear some constructive criticism, not stuff like "they make good/bad amps" or "probably it's crap/superb"... So anyone with serious information on the G100?
Their solid state combo's aren't great, nothing special.
But their valve amps are just magic sounding.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
whoever said they were prob crap prob only plays marshall i happen to think they have a better crunch tone than many a marshall go try it out and use your ear to listen not your brain **** marshall if you listen youll realise theyre so over rated its unreal id advise you that if you like the hi watt tone go ****in buy it
What you said just then is very general.

There's lots of types of Marshalls and Hiwatts.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Their solid states are pretty mediocre (but most solid state amps are mediocre, in my opinion ).

Their tube amps sound great, but they don't have the greatest build quality on the planet.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.