Which brand & gauge of strings would be best for playing Thrash Metal?

I have a Silvertone Apocalypse Pro, but I may buy a Jackson DKMG Dinky.
I play lead.
I think I would prefer heavier strings.
Last edited by cochise788 at May 22, 2006,
well its not so much the kind of music you wanna play compared with your playing style and personal preferences.

What kind of guitar do you have?
Do you the lead stuff or rythem stuff?
Would you prefer lighter, easier strings or heavier harder strings?

things like that are more helpful..
Generally speaking, lighter strings will be easier on the fingers and will be easier to bend, but heavier strings will give you better tone. That said, some people get great tone from light strings.

By the way, the whole tone thing is simply my opinion. I have found that i get better tone from heavier strings.

If you're asking about brand, thats up to your preference. I like Ernie Balls.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
A lot of poeple make threads like this. We can't tell you the best strings for any music it really depends on how you play and your style. Just try out all strings and what ever strings you like best.
I like rotosound orange sets best, but that's just personal preference...They're smoother and less plasticky feeling than the ernie's to my mind - and you get a free high e string for if you manage to break one (got about 50 lying around now lol)
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
well Im assuming hes going to want a heavy tone.

I prefer GHS Boomers. i play either 11-52 or 10-46. Id try the 11-52 boomers. theyre like right in the middle of things.
i always get ernie ball strings. skinny/heavies (10/52) are my favorites
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

Quote by LPIndin
i always get ernie ball strings. skinny/heavies (10/52) are my favorites

the thing with EB strings...and it could just be the way that i play...but i find they go out of tune way too easily. and they go dead too fast. and break too often.

Elixers of course are very good strings.
There's this quote by SRV where he says he once tried .17s. They apparently tore up his fingers, his guitar, and his amp, but sounded amazing. He usually used .13s, though.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by kurdtkobaign
^ damn. 12s? themz are heavy. did you set your guitar up accordingly for them?

nah, my guitar seems fine, been using them for quite a while now and there seems to be no problem (and it sounds better than weedy little guitars with .09's on)
^ yea.

i was talking about intonation and neck relief. idk if you meant thats all fine and whatnot.