Hello, i'm very new to this forum but if got the following problem. I'm playing the guitar for 3 months now and i really can't find a new song to play.. My friends say i need to learn some easy ones since i'm starting with the hard ones

Some things i can : Master of puppets (2-3 mins)
intro solo fade to black
Solo of nothing else matters

Well these are the best things i can play. Ofcourse alot other easy ones like brohim etc..
But now i really don't know what to play.

These were all Metallica songs since i'm a big fan. But ofcourse i like any rock/metal

I would like to try Layla by eric clapton... Good choice?
or you pro's got some tips for me ?

Thank you anyway!
dont go for layla quite yet give it a few more months. Try anythign by chili pepers all there stuff is good for beginers.
Yea , you have any specific songs? I already play Can't stop and under the bridge
Maybe any more good ones?
Any Nirvana song or some Led Zeppelin stuff (not Stairway!!!).
Ohhh...My head hurts...

Quote by Inahrima
^ have i told you i keep misreading your title as UG's biggest bad greek?
dude if you want to play layla go for it.. push yourself

heres a good tab and video... remember to take it slow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd5rkyjiMD4&search=layla%20

http://users.powernet.co.uk/guitars/laylatab.htm

that should helo
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
Quote by Lucas Stoops
Smells like team spirit and solo if it
But Led Zeppelin..
You got any songs in mind?

Umm...dude, learn your songs. It's Smells Like TEEN Spirit.
Ohhh...My head hurts...

Quote by Inahrima
^ have i told you i keep misreading your title as UG's biggest bad greek?
Dude do me favour, record the first 2 minutes of you playing master of puppets! I bet youre at less that half the speed with sloppy playing. but go on, you said you can play 2-3 mins of it, now i want to hear it please! If you put your recording up, ill record myself playing it as well.
Quote by 2slick2
I bet youre at less that half the speed with sloppy playing.

You, sir, are an asshat.

As for a couple good Zeppelin songs to learn, Tangerine is great for slow pretty stuff. The main riff from Black Dog is pretty cool. Whole Lotta Love is a pretty easy solo, and it's great to play. And also Immigrant Song.
Last edited by CowboyUp at May 22, 2006,
Try some nirvana, heart shaped box is pretty easy. But might I suggest to go beyond and learn the really juicy stuff of the guitar. Scales, Modes, Circle of Fifths, Appregios, etc. etc. Not only will this help you play songs that you already know, but after you've been practicing for a bit, you'll just be able to pick up the guitar and shred it up randomly

P.S. Metallica Rocks, Fade to Black, Enter Sandman, Sanitarium, Nothing Else Matters, and Master of Puppets were the first songs I learned

Keep Rocking!
Quote by GuitarGuyScot
Try some nirvana, heart shaped box is pretty easy. But might I suggest to go beyond and learn the really juicy stuff of the guitar. Scales, Modes, Circle of Fifths, Appregios, etc. etc. Not only will this help you play songs that you already know, but after you've been practicing for a bit, you'll just be able to pick up the guitar and shred it up randomly

P.S. Metallica Rocks, Fade to Black, Enter Sandman, Sanitarium, Nothing Else Matters, and Master of Puppets were the first songs I learned

Keep Rocking!

Exactly. I don't really aim to learn other peoples work, I am trying to advance learning scales and what not so whenever I pick the guitar up, I don't need a tab in front of my face. Sometimes, if I need inspiration, I will try someone elses work, or if a friend asks, but other than that.. I never even really bother. Maybe I'll try black dog today.
The times they are a changin'.....
Quote by 2slick2
Dude do me favour, record the first 2 minutes of you playing master of puppets! I bet youre at less that half the speed with sloppy playing. but go on, you said you can play 2-3 mins of it, now i want to hear it please! If you put your recording up, ill record myself playing it as well.

The reason why is cause i played it so mutch . I'm now able to follow the CD
A lot of Black Sabbath is quite easy and sounds great.
Try Electric Funeral, Into The Void, Iron Man or Under the Sun.
try most motley crue.
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
wow if you can play master of puppets in 3 months that's nuts. u can try um..... 11th hour by lamb of god, or laid to rest by lamb of god, or as the palaces burn by lamb of god.
Remember not to neglect your technique - practice legato, scales, learn more chords and get into theory a little. Also work on getting your picking speed up. If you can play cleanly at CD speed Master Of Puppets then you're doing pretty well so far.
Quote by Lucas Stoops
The reason why is cause i played it so mutch . I'm now able to follow the CD

I'm sorry but i call bullsh*t, 3 months and you can already play Metallica and follow the cd? Don't think so
It might be possible, you never know man. Some people get the hang of it quicker than others. Personally, back when I was at 3 months, I definitley wouldn't be able to do that. Hell, I'm not sure if I'd be able to pull it off right away now.
The times they are a changin'.....
Well some people can do it cause they must have gotten used to the range of motion........i could tremelo pick at 170bpm 16th notes from like 1 month cause i was used to the action.....but playing notes that fast is a whole different story.......and my friend who is 13 yrs old got a bass last month and can slap at a fast pace......well this guy's lucky but then he better keep on practising.....

And threadstarter why not try smoke on the water......or even enter sandman....
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)