Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong forum but, I've been playing for roughly 15 months and I cant find any songs to learn how to play. Im geared towards metal and Im wondering if you have any suggestions to learn. Like should I learn some more songs or just learn appregios and the pentatonics and all that stuff. If so please leave a link.
Trivium - Like Light To Flies, A gunshot to the head of trepidation, Rain
Megadeth - Anything ON the Rust IN Peace album
Metallica - Anything apart from songs on St. Anger/Load/Reload, definitely all of master of puppets album
Pantera - Walk, Domiation, Mouth For War, Cowboys From Hell, Cemetary Gates
A7X - Beast And The Harlot, Bat Country (arpeggios in the middle), Trashed & Scattered
Arch Enemy - Doomsday MAchine album
Iron Maiden - Anything by them really - the trooper, aces high, 2 minutes to midnight are a good start
Ozzy Osbourne - Diary Of A MAdaman and Blizzard Of Ozz albums

they should be a good start
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Try playing some songs of DragonForce, the solos are incredible. Or try some other fast melodic bands like: Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Manowar, or Symphony X.
Or yoy can try to play some of Yngwie Malmsteens songs.
Dry Kill Logic - Hindsight, get your rhythmn perfect before you start screwing around with Yngwie Malmsteen. And the Rage Against the Machine stuff also, if your playing it right it shouldn't be a walk in the park
i think you should work on your penatonics, since almost every metal song ever made is in a penatonic
i suggest you learn to read music.
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
Do you have a guitar with or without a floyd rose or something similar to it? If you have a locking tremolo of some sort that can raise the pitch you might be interested in Pantera songs like Cemetary Gates, Hollow, Domination, Floods......
If you have a guitar with a fixed bridge you might want to check out Black Label Society songs like Beserkers, Superterrorizer, Bleed for Me, Graveyard Disciples.......
Im not into BLS but I love Pantera! I dont have a tremolo but I soon will (Ibanez RG370DX an I will change the pups and the Edge III to an original FR)
Lately, I haven't botherd looking for new songs to learn. I might learn a skatterd one here and there. But I like making up my on stuff a lot more to be honest!
God Bless Classic Rock