I just want to say to everyone in this forum who has seriously tried to help me and give me advice on becoming a better guitar player, Thank You. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

But now for the others who have basically told me I was a jack ass for asking them. GET BENT. First off,and yall know who you are, yall will never amount to s**t. Y'all will be the kids who play in your garage for the rest of your musical life. You think because you know how to play your guitar better then most beginners that you are some how better then everyone else. Well I will tell you, until you have made a few CD's and go on sold out world tours and have respect of GREAT guitar players then you are just beginners the same as I am. I dont care how many threads you respond to or how many forums you answer questions in, you'll always be a BEGINNER.

Your way of playing isnt the same as everyone elses, and you just dont get that. Thats why you'll never be great. You sound like EVERY ONE else. You learn how some famous player does it and then you adopt that way of playing. You dont have your own style and no one will listen to a cheap knock off of some one great.

So to close this off. Everyone who thinks they are better then some one and cant humble themselves into seriously answering a few simple questions, the GO F*CK YOURSELF. The music world dont need you.
Seconded.

I'm so sick of cocky guitarists hanging out on UG who bash other users. And even the ones who are helpful but speak down to everyone without realizing it. The ones who think they're the greatest guitarists in the world and, while they try to be helpful, their attitude basically says "i know everything, i'm alwasy right" etc. etc.

This thread will get closed. But I give you props for opening it.
*Bows to threadstarter*

I have wanted to say that for a long time but frankly I dont care. If they want to act big headed let them. It takes too much energy to get worked up.

You know what you wanna do, you know how you gonna do it, so do it then show these cocky bastards that they are scum!
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
You do realise that this thread will be closed within the hour, don't you?

That said, I think you shouldn't pay much attention to those guys. It's like in real life, you just try to pay more attention to the nice things than the bad things.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
err....what?

my opinion is your first have to learn whats allready been done before you can find something new
If they close it they are just saying that certain people can get away with saying what ever they want. If people can talk down to me I can expose that for everyone who wants to listen. They cant keep me from saying what I want to, and what others want to either.
Quote by michaelh86
If they close it they are just saying that certain people can get away with saying what ever they want. If people can talk down to me I can expose that for everyone who wants to listen. They cant keep me from saying what I want to, and what others want to either.

you dont have to start a thread in the wrong forum to get your opinion across. *reported* (note, i dont disagree with you)

Edit: i reported it because i dont know where it says in the Musician Talk forum that you can make threads just to bitc* about some as*holes that tell you stupid shi*.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Last edited by metal4all at May 22, 2006,
I just wanted to let the pr1cks in this forum know exactly how I feel. And if you agree with me then why in the f**k did you report me?
If you're serious about this, why don't you post a thread in feedback, explaining the situation and how you feel about it. Perhaps also ask mods to be more strict on flaming?
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Will that really work?? If so I will give it a try. I'm not trying to bash any one. I just want them to realize if they are going to respond then they need to actually try and help the person. If not then dont respond at all.
Quote by michaelh86
Will that really work?? If so I will give it a try. I'm not trying to bash any one. I just want them to realize if they are going to respond then they need to actually try and help the person. If not then dont respond at all.
PM SilentDeftone and ask him to move this there, instead of starting a new thread. If this stays here it'll just get closed.
Quote by garett
Seconded.

I'm so sick of cocky guitarists hanging out on UG who bash other users. And even the ones who are helpful but speak down to everyone without realizing it. The ones who think they're the greatest guitarists in the world and, while they try to be helpful, their attitude basically says "i know everything, i'm alwasy right" etc. etc.

This thread will get closed. But I give you props for opening it.

im with it as well...
High Templar of the UG Secret Society
PM SickMetal or Sanitarium24 to join.
aNOMaly
See, how can they close something so many people agree with? And even if they do close this thread they will still have to realize that something is wrong for someone to post this and then they will have to address the problem.
I'd agree, but I don't know if you're one of the people that can't handle it when your stuff gets broken down because it deserves to be - with the aim on helping you.

I don't know wether you are or not... But I'm one of the people that would seem arrogant, self-righteous and whatnot when criticising, just because I'm so hard on people when it comes to that stuff (And myself)... It also gets the message across more urgently and directly.

I also don't like the way you portray success/fame/stardoml/celebrity status as skill.

If you however mean outright non-helping assholes, then you're correct ofcourse... I just think there's a lot of misunderstanding on this subject, because we all know our ego's lie dear to our hearts.

And if such an occasion would arise, just ignore him/her... No problem.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Success is based on skill. Other wise you wouldnt be successful at what your doing. And I can handle when people break down what I ask with the intent of actually helping me. I just dont care for people who break down what I say and use it to make me sound like an ass for even asking the question. And I thank you Resiliance, because when I have posted questions that you answer, you have actually given me insight into helping me learn to play better. Dont take what I said personal. There are a few like yourself who this was not directed to. The ones who this is directed to, are the ones who make people trying to actually learn, feel like sh1t for asking questions that seem serious to us. But again thanks Res.
I know Resiliance wasn't singling anyone out. But I just want to clarify that my post was not about ego busting .. and was about ego gloating.

I don't want to name any names, but I will say that Resiliance is not of them (or at least not one that I've noticed), there are a lot of people on UG who speak down to others when offering advice. It has nothing to do with the critisicm itself, it has to do with the way it is delivered. These are people who always talk as if they're top shit. You can easily spot these people because they're the same folk who you see getting into massive flame fests when someone offers an opinion that contradicts their own.
Last edited by garett at May 22, 2006,
While I agree with the threadstarter, to some extent, there are numerous failings in your post as well.

This is the internet - not everyone here does and says everything in all seriousness. Not everyone here cares about someone else's hurt feelings or pride. Not everyone here cares enough to not be a dipsh!t. Hell, some people are just plain retarded.

This is the curse and the wonder of the internet - everyone is able to say what they want to, and how they want to. The more rules you implement, the more people will be unhappy with them - and this is why forums like this one are generally fairly tolerant of '@ssholes' and flamers.

I agree it's stupid how some people just post something like, "lol u noob suck if u kant play this". But hey, why care? Getting all angry and upset over it isn't going to accomplish anything, except for (most likely) inciting more flames towards you, since some people enjoy being pricks and pissing others off.

It's not just this forum - it's the way things are anywhere and everywhere on the internet. Get used to it :p
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
That's all fine and dandy, but lacks a purpose in my opinion. If you have a problem with a certain user then bring it up maturely via Private Message.

That being said, no I'm not going to move this. *closed*

-SD