Okay,

Ive made my final decision for the kind of guitar im thinking of getting, I need every piece of information I can get about these guitars, I appreciate anything anyone can tell me about these two guitars. Once again the models im looking at are:

AL 2500 W/Floyd

http://www.rondomusic.net/al2500blkfloydrose.html

Agile PS-970 W/Floyd

http://www.rondomusic.net/ps970floyd.html

I play Metallica, Trivium and Bodom...Will Either Of These Work For Their Tones because my current setup is included below and It gets pretty close to the first two bands but not at all to COB... damn Laiho's Passive Pups!

BTW - The Gear There is my first ever, My Uber Metal, Kustom 16R and Yamaha Flanger (Old SChool), But my GCB-95 is Absent.
Attachments:
Picture 001.jpg
Originally Posted by Teleprompters
people taking dumps in my guitar case
It's An Epiphone SG Speical II...Embarassing but it does the trick
LP's look silly with a Trem. I love the PS but hate Gold... It'd look better with black hardware with the dark red finish.
id go with the les paul type to get a real nice heavy tone. Maybe..just maybe, throw some EMG's in there, or duncan invaders
The trems are licenced so they won't keep tune overly well. The PS would be a better option.
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust
Your Epi has passive pickups

It's active pickups that are rarer.

Out of those two, I'd say the PRS ripoff would be the best - The les paul copies under the 3000 series aren't meant to be that good. Plus, Les Pauls just don't look right with FRs
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
How Is An Epihone Sg Embarrasining? thats alot better than the two you have links for
Anyone who owns either of these two guitars or played one able to tell me anything about them in terms of flaws..If any?
Quote by that1l)ude
How Is An Epihone Sg Embarrasining? thats alot better than the two you have links for

Erm, no it isn't. It's a very poor guitar. A G-400 could probably stand up to them quite well, but not that one.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I have an AL-2500 but not with the floyd rose. I LOVE the guitar but just change the pickups cause the stock ones are not that good. The overall quality of the guitar is amazing for the price.

I've also played my friends Ps-970 also without the floyd rose. Quality Same as the al-2500.
Quote by A_New_Level
GhostOfYou just moved up a notch in my book

Quote by The Virtuoso
You are one badassmother****er TheGhostofYou.

Member of the "I don't celebrate Christmas" Club. PM paintitblack39 with the presents you're NOT getting.
Last edited by TheGhostOfYou at May 22, 2006,
Timi is correct my Epiphone is falling apart, my 20th fret no longer works, if I bend or try to do anything on it, it just goes limp and makes the sound that noobs make when attempting natural harmonics.
I like the PS970. More frets, better fret access, more comfortable, more unique.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

I know youre set on a Floyd but 10 years without owning a trem guitar made me immensely better, you cant fall back on a dive bomb or wiggle, everything has to happen on the fretboard. Zakks a good example.