Since it's my birthday and i'm going to have some extra cash i've decided to buy a new pedal. I'm looking for either a Fulltone Bass Driver or some other high-end distortion/fuzz/overdrive pedal (if anybody has any suggestions i'd appreciate it) or a tone shaping/preamp pedal. For tone pedals i'm looking at the Hartke Bass Attack, The APhex Bass Punch, The MX-R Bass preamp or the Sans-amp Bass driver/preamp. As for preamps i dont really have any preferance as to a brand. I'm looking on ebay for used ones, preferably tube. I've found a PreSonus TubePre for $90 and i was wondering if anyone knew anything about them. Also if you have any advice as to which pedal i shouyld invest in i would really appreciate it. thanks.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
If you have $150 to burn, I recommend a Z Vex Woolly Mammoth which has the best bass (and also guitar) fuzz that I think money can buy. Muse's Chris Wolfensumming uses one for his bass fuzz needs.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
MXR M-80 bass d.i.
its a d.i., distortion, and preamp in one
Member #62 of the Alter bridge rocks club
pm Logz to join

Quote by Ignite
You know you're a guitar player when you're thinking about yourself playing awesome solos when you're having intercourse. Yes, I said intercourse... deal with it.
I use an aphex bass xciter and it sounds real nice. Depends exactly what you are after though. I would probably go for a Sansamp by Tech21 if you want nice control over your eq and gain with something that also acts as a DI.
The only 2 types of women that don't bitch and moan are gifs and jpgs.........
Quote by Felkara
If you have $150 to burn, I recommend a Z Vex Woolly Mammoth which has the best bass (and also guitar) fuzz that I think money can buy. Muse's Chris Wolfensumming uses one for his bass fuzz needs.

the guy in muse uses a big muff..check out the song Hysteria for the big muff sound
Quote by hatebreed219
Since it's my birthday and i'm going to have some extra cash i've decided to buy a new pedal. I'm looking for either a Fulltone Bass Driver or some other high-end distortion/fuzz/overdrive pedal (if anybody has any suggestions i'd appreciate it) or a tone shaping/preamp pedal. For tone pedals i'm looking at the Hartke Bass Attack, The APhex Bass Punch, The MX-R Bass preamp or the Sans-amp Bass driver/preamp. As for preamps i dont really have any preferance as to a brand. I'm looking on ebay for used ones, preferably tube. I've found a PreSonus TubePre for $90 and i was wondering if anyone knew anything about them. Also if you have any advice as to which pedal i shouyld invest in i would really appreciate it. thanks.

first off....happy birthday

second, sorry I cant really help you since I havent tried out any of those preamps/ pedals...but I was also wondering about the Hartke Bass Attack and the Tech 21 Sansamp Bass Driver DI...Does anyone have any firsthand experience with these?...Are they as versatile as they claim to be? (IE providing a good variety of tones, and whatever else a DI box is supposed to do)....And are they good values?...(the harkte is like half the price of the Sansamp)..I'm thinking of buying one for recording purposes mainly and also for further tone shaping onstage/ during practice/ etc...
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Quote by Mahavishnu80
the guy in muse uses a big muff..check out the song Hysteria for the big muff sound

I was pretty certain it was a Woolly Mammoth... Mine sounds exactly like that when I've got my EQ doen properly. But I coudl be wrong... I knwo that Matthew Bellamy uses a Z Vex Fuzz Factory when he uses fuzz... Maybe I'm getting them confused?
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
A Yamaha Magicstomp EB can get you any effect you need. It's very useful but can cost a bit of money, I paid $300 for mine, and that was the first day they were put on display.
Fender Jazz Bass
Squire Stratocaster
Yamaha RBX 170(Custom Paint)
Yamaha MagicStomp
Dunlop MXR Distortion +
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Peavey Basic 112
I've found a used Sansamp Bass Driver for under $40 on eBay and i've bid on that. i'm crossing my fingers. thanks for all the help everyone.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10