Right now I have a crappy start pack bass because I haven't bothered to get a new one until now. I was looking at this bass Viper Bass on Musician's Friend and i was wondering if it would be good for my second bass.
Quote by DiscipleOfKoRn
Right now I have a crappy start pack bass because I haven't bothered to get a new one until now. I was looking at this bass Viper Bass on Musician's Friend and i was wondering if it would be good for my second bass.

meh, i never liked that style of gibson, and shortscale always feels a little wired. that being a clear gib/epi knockoff i would assume to have the same ify feel and generally bad tone.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
ehhh their ok i guess but i would take an ibanez over it any day which i believe alot more people would too
it would not be an upgrade.

its an agathis body, which is totally crap (imagine plywood, yeah theyre about the same)

ESP (or ltd but i think ESP) means its lower end stuff, so its not as good quality as their other stuff

in all honesty the rest of the specs arent too bad, but the fact that i know quality wont be that good and that it has an agathis body deters me enough to not want to buy it.

now i still havnt looked at the price, but if i were going to buy it.. i'd pay no more than 250 american (well i wouldnt buy it but im estimating what it costs)

o wouldnt you know? 300. yeah i wouldnt get it.
Quote by mangablade

its an agathis body, which is totally crap (imagine plywood, yeah theyre about the same)

ESP (or ltd but i think ESP) means its lower end stuff, so its not as good quality as their other stuff

in all honesty the rest of the specs arent too bad, but the fact that i know quality wont be that good and that it has an agathis body deters me enough to not want to buy it.

now i still havnt looked at the price, but if i were going to buy it.. i'd pay no more than 250 american (well i wouldnt buy it but im estimating what it costs)

all true, but dude try it out first, or you can try it at the store leave, then buy it online =) that gets me crazy when people buy axe's online without tryign them first.
Quote by mangablade

ESP are ridiculously good, and expensive guitars. Comparable with Gibson, high end Jackson, and the like. LTD are their cheaper, budget priced guitars.

With that said, please don't get this bass.