I found this while browsing randomly on www.metal-archives.com. Basically some guy's (Black Emperor Jogezai ) solo material from deep withinin the treachorous mountains of muslim fundamentalist land, and apparently the only metal band of any note from Afghanistan. Pretty interesting, if just for the fact that it's coming from perhaps THE place you would expect to be most intolerant towards metal. http://taarmablackemperorjogezai.metalhordes.com/
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
haha awesome
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Allah, Allah, Allah, Allah, Allah, Allah, Allah, Allah, Allah, Allah, Allah, Allah, Mushroom, Mushroom!

Interesting sound, but i dont see how they could really be afghani because the taliban had a ban on this sort of stuff, as well as instruments. I kinda like it though. Very ambiant
probably afghanis staying in some other country. otherwise they've really got balls
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his
Only metal available in Afghanistan until now would have been "gun" metal

Sorry, poor joke !!

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield
whats the theme of their songs?? anti-christian, anti-islam or anti-american?
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his
"Lyrical Themes are mostly based upon Death\Winters\Depression & Human Despair"
roar
Quote by reef_d
probably afghanis staying in some other country. otherwise they've really got balls

That seems the most likely explanation.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Have any of youse seen Sound Track to War, its a doco by an Aussie guy about music and troops in Iraq. They have a interview with this heavy metal (only way to describe it, nothing sub-genre-y about it) band who play in this underground basement away from the Saddam death squads and what not?
They obviously have alot of bad/evil/gore stuff to sing about as their friends were killed by the corrupt police etc. Anyway not too bad (their equipment was though), they had the motivation and all.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
It's the METAL-east!!! sorry... that was a lame joke too but I couldn't resist.

lmao!!!
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
Quote by Slayer224
"Lyrical Themes are mostly based upon Death\Winters\Depression & Human Despair"

So, basically what used to be their typical daily life !

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield
I don't find anything surprising about a black metal band in Afghanistan, it's a big country and remember that not all of it was ruled by the Taliban (The more tolerant Northern Alliance held roughly a thrid to a half of the country prior to US intevention). They must have kept the volume down though.
Quote by Spynal

Man, if only we could have a thread dedicated to recommendations, that would be sweet. Maybe, we could call it ... The Hugfest .... no, that's no good? Metal-O-Rama? Nah.... oh wait.

I've got it...
The Official Metal Recommendation Thread
they sound aright

i found an Iranian black metal band on metal archives i think a while ago with anti islamic lyrics too
I've read that Iran has a pretty big modern, western music underground, actually, metal included.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
if I remember correctly Melechesh was from one of those whacky countries & they were being persecuted
Quote by logboy
they sound aright

i found an Iranian black metal band on metal archives i think a while ago with anti islamic lyrics too

LINK!!!!!!
I hate islam... i need to hear this
i've been to that website before and i searched and found black metal bands from every friggin country.
from afghanistan to honduras.

Quote by logboy
they sound aright

haha, wow. that's interesting
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
Hey guys, just browsing the net when I stumbled upon this thread. Anyway I wanted to let everyone know that Taarma is not signed to Suffering Jesus Productions (http://www.sufferingjesus.info) based out of Saskatchewan Canada and that their (his) first album for the label "Remnants of a Tormenting Black Shadow" will come out in early 2007 but you can sample the following preview before hand:

Bleeding in Utter Solitude And Loss

Comments most appreciated.