I've been thinking about getting a Digitech rp200 because i have just enough money.

I notice that the rp80 looks the same but a little less in price whats up with that?

what one should i get if im just looking for some cool effects to fool around with and a whammy pedal?

I do not know what the rp200 is like, but I personally do not like the rp80. At first its cool and all, but the tone isn't very good on it and the expression pedal is cheap. Now I have a
Digitech GNX 1 and I love it... but it is $100 more than the rp200

The one thing I dont like about all the digitech multi effect pedals is that every preset has a different volume level... so one may be very quiet, and then the next one will wake up your dad, but they are customizable presets so its just a minor inconvenience

(edit) on musiciansfriend the GNX 1 was $250 but it was $200 at firehouse (my local music shop)
Last edited by juniorfr3ak at May 22, 2006,
Quote by juniorfr3ak
I do not know what the rp200 is like, but I personally do not like the rp80. At first its cool and all, but the tone isn't very good on it and the expression pedal is cheap. Now I have a
Digitech GNX 1 and I love it... but it is $100 more than the rp200

The one thing I dont like about all the digitech multi effect pedals is that every preset has a different volume level... so one may be very quiet, and then the next one will wake up your dad, but they are customizable presets so its just a minor inconvenience

Is the GNX 1 ALOT better? should i hold out until i get enough money?
I dont know how much better it is than the rp200 because I haven't tried an rp200
but it is miles ahead of the rp80

just make sure you dont get the rp80 its plastic and will break easy

(edit) go to some music shop and ask to try em out... decide for yourself
Last edited by juniorfr3ak at May 22, 2006,
Quote by juniorfr3ak
I dont know how much better it is than the rp200 because I haven't tried an rp200
but it is miles ahead of the rp80

just make sure you dont get the rp80 its plastic and will break easy

(edit) go to some music shop and ask to try em out... decide for yourself

i wish we had one around here
Definitly save up for one of the higher end ones. My RP80 was a waste of money.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust