2 semi nice that will be upgraded to 2 very nice. Switching out pickups and hardware ain't exactly difficult.

edit: Just make sure they have nice necks.
I agree with cefasnacht one really nice one is better than two semi nice ones
there are alot of sweet guitars but the really nice ones are usually the ones that catch my eye.
a cheap beater guitar you pick up at a garage sale.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
it;s ethier a custom schecter and my epi les paul custom for my "thrasher" per say, or 2 epi elitist les paul customs. nad my epi custom as my thrasher. if u want i'll post the specs of the schecter
Speaking of beaters I once saw a custom fender strat with all these intricate designs and stuff(not exactly a beater) But anyways it was worth about 2,500 and when i saw it I had no money but the guy was selling it for fifty bucks i really regret not buying it it was beautiful
Personally i'd go with the Les Pauls on this one even if they were epiphones
My favorite guitars are Les Pauls, Flying V's, SG's(all gibson usa) and fender strats
Elitists are definatly not bad guitars. Change the stock pups and tuners and you're set. Having 2 adds to the awe factor:
Do a gig and make sure you have to change tunings between one of your songs. Play a song with one, and play the other song in a different tuning with the other. In small places, it makes people really go "zOmG teH h4xOrz".

But for the price of 2 of those, I'd rather have a REALLY nice custom.

Btw, make sure that if you DO get 2 elitists, get 2 in different colors
Quote by madpickin03
"I'd like a Big Mac and a Coke plz"
"Do you want fries with that sir?"
"No i want an RG7620 to go with it, no ketchup, Vampire Kiss finish"

Quote by chevellerox2005
who is ozzy? must not have made that much of an impact ya douche

^
Quote by tybo13g
what's a garage sale thrasher

i found an old hondo acoustic for $50. its a peice of junk but i love it cause when im done playing it i can just throw it in the corner and not have to worry about scratches or dust.
ya i would get one elitsit in ebony and the other in white.

the specs fer the custom schecter
C-1 body shape
omen 6 electronic configuration
mahagony body and mahogany neck
24 stainless stell frets and a ebony fretboard
alpine white
black hardwar
original floyd rose
ethier duncan invaders or duncan customs.

but i'm leanin towards the epis. they will be played theough etier a dual or triple recto and a boss sd-1 overdrive pedal with a monster cable
^In your case, I would go for the 2 elitists. Those specs on your custom aren't that amazing, and if you really don't care about having an "original" guitar, getting 2 Les Paul Elitists is much more worth it.

When you get them, be sure to post pics
Quote by madpickin03
"I'd like a Big Mac and a Coke plz"
"Do you want fries with that sir?"
"No i want an RG7620 to go with it, no ketchup, Vampire Kiss finish"

Quote by chevellerox2005
who is ozzy? must not have made that much of an impact ya douche

^
kinda off topic but since i'm gettin my amp first i'm gonna make due with the custom les paul i hav now (the 600 dollar version) but isn't there a test were you fret the first note on the low e and then fret were the neck meets the body? what does this show? is there supposed to be some clearence on the strings and the frets? cause my string lays flat
No matter what, get your amp FIRST. You may love the sound of your $600 Epi through it, in which case, you don't need to drop $2500 on a new guitar/two new guitars.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
customcustom-cause i like les pauls. i here there really good. lets day one fer standard tuning and one for drop d. in case a strings breaks during a gig. so one can have one type of pick ips and the other can have different ones
One shweeeeet ass guitar is best, IMO. It is nice to have two guitars if you're gigging though, in case you need one in a different tuning, a string breaks, etc, etc. I was about to make a custom RG, but I put it on hold to upgrade my pups and soon I'm gonna paint my SG and change the pickguard and tuning pegs .
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112