Page 1 of 2
this is a great question. it has alot of opionionated views.let the games Begin!

i think the 80's...but then again thats just me.
Teh 90's With Teh Casualties Oi Oi Up The Ponxx!!1 40ozz
Member of the Big Muff Club, PM sonicyouthsaves to join.

Quote by whyvern
I <3 Relient K and Christian Punx!

Up da jesus!!!!
how long till someone says the 00's - green day, blink 182, fall out boy, panic at the disco

oh dear.....
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
90s.
an late 80s.
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
Quote by ibanezbass27
00's definately

AMERICAN IDIOT!!1#$%^(@)2%*$(!%^
billy joe is so hawt
omg.
Member of the Big Muff Club, PM sonicyouthsaves to join.

Quote by whyvern
I <3 Relient K and Christian Punx!

Up da jesus!!!!
Your all forgetting the roots....1976 to 1981, Clash, Ramones, Sex pistols, thats real punk not the bluddi casulties or this fall out boy ****e, other than that, Towers of London and Grey mater are sum of the only gd punk bands which have emerged, rest is pop punk!!
Lyrics, Wasted Time between solos!!

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG 470
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender Standard Strat
Line 6 Flextone II
Boss GT6
Jim Dunlop Wah
^

But seriously, the 80's for Hardcore.

and then the 90's for Crust.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
i'm gonna say it's the 70s being that the sex pistols effectively killed punk, ever since people've been just playing cheap imitations of the punk from the late 60s thru the 70s
i would have to say 90's with nirvana, they were very influenced by puck rock and kurt concidered himself a punk rocker.
but now in the 21st century, punk and emo have taken over.
Quote by Leftover_Crack
I'd like the two people posting above me to stop using the internet.

o btw...your a fckin' idiot! that's the only decade with real punk. i hate these damned kids who think they ****ing know everything yet never heard of bands like the stooges or the velvet underground or dmz or the f'n dolls!
and what about the idiot that says that sex pistols killed punk. punk isn´t just music you retard. punk is pissing your teachers bag.
and the other retard talking about nirvana, cobain just killed himself because he couldn´t stand being so not punk, he hated the "everything on its place music", thats why he didn´t like pearl jam.
he listened to punk music, but also beatles and other things. punk isn´t fast palm mute, punk is so much more...
Quote by punkrockfan666
i sugest u leave rite away cuz evry1 includin me r gona get very pised off very soon

greanday (sell outs) blink 182 (sell outs) fall out boy (sellout poseurs) and panic at the disco (retard sellouts)

wow ur lik3 s00 uBEr Punx!

None of those bands are selloutz. To be a sellout would imply that at one time those bands had integrity.

Seriously, you don't have to do that.
Quote by Leftover_Crack
I'd like the two people posting above me to stop using the internet.

Anyway, the 70s.
i listen to alot of hardcore now so id say 80's-90's and the last few years have been pretty good.

Quote by cefasnacht
o btw...your a fckin' idiot! that's the only decade with real punk. i hate these damned kids who think they ****ing know everything yet never heard of bands like the stooges or the velvet underground or dmz or the f'n dolls!

youre an idiot punk goes way deaper than 77 honey. im sure leftover_crack has heard these bands and just doesnt like them. I prefer punk after the 70's my self does that make me a poseur?

o btw, he was right the two kids above him said some ****ing stupid things.
I'm gonna reply seriously now, 80s/90s. 2000 and beyond had some amazing bands (circle takes the square, saetia), but the majority of music I listen came from the 80s/90s. If I had to pick one I suppose the 90s for Heroin, Angel Hair and pretty much all the Gravity Records bands.
Quote by punkrockfan666
i sugest u leave rite away cuz evry1 includin me r gona get very pised off very soon

greanday (sell outs) blink 182 (sell outs) fall out boy (sellout poseurs) and panic at the disco (retard sellouts)

it was a joke, idiot
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Early 80s for me.
I loves me some Hardcorrr Punk.

And the 90s-00 for Ska... as if anyone is interested.
Circle that A, motherfucker!
Wow, these threads really make all of the retards come out of the woodwork huh? Not too many posts have been by people who know what they're talking about.

I can't say I can pick a best. I love punk bands from the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's. People really do overlook some damn good modern punk bands though.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
70's what else when it all began i like things fresh and raw
Quote by waterproofpie
Sometimes people say they don't like Operation Ivy. Those people are what we call liars.

UG's Premiere Dancelete
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Wow, these threads really make all of the retards come out of the woodwork huh? Not too many posts have been by people who know what they're talking about.

I can't say I can pick a best. I love punk bands from the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's. People really do overlook some damn good modern punk bands though.

so true ive never seen half the kids who post in here.
Quote by rhcp lover
i realy like the chilis punk songs

Yeah. The Red Hot Chili Peppers are my favorite decade too...
Quote by sargasm
Yeah. The Red Hot Chili Peppers are my favorite decade too...

"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
Quote by CowsWithGuns

Thank God for CowsWithGuns

yeah its really hard to pick one particular "decade". I like stuff from every one of them.
Quote by punkrockfan666

None of those bands are sellouts, since they werent punk in the first place.
Quote by Spaceman_Spiff

you basically just said what iluvpowerchords said like 6 posts ago haha.,
Quote by Spaceman_Spiff

...You realize you don't have to be a punk band to sell out...
Page 1 of 2