hey guys!

this would be my first thread in the GB&C forum. so you better be nice here!

anyway i have a electric guitar which i really would like to customize a bit (refinish)
and i was wondering if this could be possible. the hard thing would be the fretboard and neck because it's all pinted or stained..

i'm thinking of making it snow white with maybe a fake black binding and just sand the neck down to natural color. but as i said i don't know if this is possible because the neck is FULLY painted. is it possible or do i have to find myself a new/old neck that will fit this strange ass 80-shredstrat-rippoff!

thanks in advance and any help would be appreciated! and bear in mind that i'm somewhat a real noob when it comes to customizing so don't speak to me like i'm a rocket scientist!

Vic
Quote by joel_grieve
dude. you're drunk and queer. bad combination.

My gear:
Ibanez SZ520fm
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS1 (soon to be modded i think)

Bass stuff:
Cort G34
Peavey 112 basic
if you are refering to what brand this is. it's a Westone Spectrum SX. built in japan in like 84 or something and it plays like hell to! but the trem isn't a dream if to be honest. if u go searching round the internet you would probably find some old cataloges and stuff! (http://www.whirligigworld.co.uk/westone/)

fun fact: the company is founded by the rather famous luthier matsumoku. don't know his first name.

Vic
Quote by joel_grieve

My gear:
Ibanez SZ520fm
Vox AD50VT

Bass stuff:
Cort G34
Peavey 112 basic
Yeah, you can paint the neck. So what your going to want to do, is either sand it down ot wood or scuff the whole thing up with 220 grit sand paper. Tape up the fret board, and anything you don't wnat painted. if you scuffed the finish, then spray a primer, then the white, and then wait a day tape up the body for the fake bindings, spray those, peel the tape, and clear coat. If you sanded down ot wood, then put on grain filler, and then do the same thing listed above.
what i really wonder is would it be possible to sand down the neck and the fretboard without ruining the whole neck or the frets for that matter?

Vic
Quote by joel_grieve

My gear:
Ibanez SZ520fm
Vox AD50VT

Bass stuff:
Cort G34
Peavey 112 basic
Yes, just becareful, and try to apply even pressure. I've done it millions of times before, just mind where the frets are, and how much you need to sand, also think abotu where you need to sand as well, because sometimes you may sand a bunch form the middle of the neck, and not near hte heel.
okey so it's possible then just taking it real easy and offcourse you need to be careful!
thanks a thousand for the help! now i probably just need to buy it from the guy i'm lending it from and then i'm of customizing!

Vic
Quote by joel_grieve

My gear:
Ibanez SZ520fm
Vox AD50VT

Bass stuff:
Cort G34
Peavey 112 basic