hey all im a left handed guitar player and its really frustrating trying to find left handed electric guitars also risky buying one because most of the time you would have to make like a special order on one without even playing it first so the reason im starting this thread is should i switch to righty? Has it been done before ? Ive only been playing just about under a year do you guys think its too late to switch?
yea prolly, try writing with your left hand, prolly won't go too well! just restring a righty like hendrix did! he played a righty strat with it strung backwards
Im the same, im a lefty and tried switching to right handed because it seemed like i'd fit in more with the guitar world, i mean lets face it, in terms of guitar playing were living in a righty's world. But it felt so unnatural and i just couldnt play whatsoever, my left hand was fretting and was crying that it just wanted to pick and my right hand was just useless at picking, so i switched back to playing left handed and it all felt so natural again. It has been done though, Mark Knopfler and Herman Li are both left-handed but learned to play right-handed guitar and those guys are awesome. You could even do what hendrix did and re-srting a right-handed guitar so that the strings are relevant to left-handed playing. Give it a go, but from my experiance it didnt work for me, and besides theres loads of places that stock lefthanded guitars and can often order the guitar you want in order to give u a try even before you consider buying it or not.
Schecter has a lot of lefty models. I got the C-1 Classic and couldn't be happier. I wouldn't advise re-stringing a righty though. All your nobs would get in the way of your fretting hand, plus most guitars today are built for a specific handed person. ie..the cut-outs that form to your body would be on the wrong side.
dude we are the same

im a lefty and i play righty ! lol...... yeah i did it cuz the guitar problem. BUT if u alrdy know how to play lefty c'mon stay with it. schecter has some nice guitar jsut like the other guy said... or if u can afford a custom made .
but still stay in the lefty community .(we are more intelligent than everyone else) einstein was lefty!!!!!!lol
hope it helped
yea i know about schecter's plenty of them being made left handed but it just ticks me off that i have go straight to buying some guitars that arent in the stores and not knowing what im getting. I recently made a special order from guitar center to get a schecter c-1 blackjack but cancelled it the next day because I really wasnt sure if that guitar was right for me.
Quote by kitfoo
Schecter has a lot of lefty models. I got the C-1 Classic and couldn't be happier. I wouldn't advise re-stringing a righty though. All your nobs would get in the way of your fretting hand, plus most guitars today are built for a specific handed person. ie..the cut-outs that form to your body would be on the wrong side.

yeah, they have lefty 006's and Damien models too
Quote by bassmo_part2
Embryodead even if she was the hottest thing on the planet, there are lines you just don't cross and on my side of the line we don't finger our sisters.

Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join
I don't think it's too late to switch!
Imagine how cool you'd be if you played left AND right! I've been working on that lately.
dude i say be a lefty. dont switch, just be natural when u play. people will look at you as a left handed guitarist, which is rare. i like being different so i think it'd be aweseom being a left handed guitarist. just do what your doing, and go with it. also, heres an example...
do you know zacky vengeance of Avenged sevenfold, well if not, do some research. he is a left handed guitar play. him and the lead guitar(right hand) go back to back and play some harmonic stuff and its cool. but the point is that i look at him as a left handed guitarist, and its almost like a have more respect for him for some reason. its just cool.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
I play lefty, and we are cooler...there are fewer of us which makes us better! Plus we have Hendrix on our side.

Stay left, be unique, and kick some ass...

BUt i also find that I have a whole lot more respect for lefty guitarists, like Zacky Vengeance from A7X and Hendrix, and Cobain
yeh i agree with those guys, embrace your lefthandedness, did u know a left handed player in a band attracts 3% more attention, not a lot but its still cool, and how cool does it look when synster gates n zacky vengence play next to each other because there left n right handed.
Im a lefty and play right handed..
i do because i bought my first guitar off my friends on a spure of the moment thing.. i didnt even know i liked playing the guitar when i bought it.. and never thought about the side..
then because of the years of air guitaring lol and the fact that i forced myself into a right handed guitar.. i just got used to it.. mind you i never played left handed so rigthy doesnt feel unnatural for me
Bleh.
In 1925, a girl was killed by a serial killer. While the killer fed on her flesh she chanted, "Yo holmes to bel-air!" The girl then obtained glowing red eyes. Now, if you have read the chant, she will appear next to your bed at midnight, staring at you with her glowing red eyes until you fall asleep, unless you post this in 5 different threads. Your kindness will be rewarded.
Quote by AC/zeppelin/DC
I play lefty, and we are cooler...there are fewer of us which makes us better! Plus we have Hendrix on our side.

Stay left, be unique, and kick some ass...

BUt i also find that I have a whole lot more respect for lefty guitarists, like Zacky Vengeance from A7X and Hendrix, and Cobain

hendrix could actually play ambidextrously as a result of his dad thinking all lefthanded things were the devils work....he could also play the righty upside down without restringing because often times he had to borrow guitars
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Lefty seems cool too play like but not very fun too find guitars for, I would imagine playing the opposite way would be extremely hard too do. just buy a right handed strat and string it like a lefty and be like hendrix.

-Jordan