Well, sorry if this has been asked a 1000 times before but, could you tell me some songs which can be played with 1 guitarist.....preferably instrumentals...

Thank You Guys......
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Joe Satriani's "Midnight"
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
with a bass and drummer? Try Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Jeff Beck Blow by Blow and Wired albums (though you may need keys). Randy Rhodes Dee (just you and your acoustic). You'll need a great jazz drummer and some keys but Al Dimeola from 1972 - 1983. Steve Morse, Eric Johnson, Allan Holdsworth, Vinnie Moore, Michael Schenker for some shredders but what else would a no vocal one guitar band be but shredfests?

One trick we may use is find anybody with a deep voice and play alot of Pearl Jam, Creed and Stone Temple Pilots (all those guys sound virtually identical
It's actually for occasions where people ask me to play something........or when me and my drummer jam.........and please keep the songs easy.....
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

12 bar blues jams going from nice bluesy to blues/shred licks always seems to impress the musically uneducated and it sounds good without having to learn a thing, helps build your improv skills too. Use 7th and 9th chords instead of the ham n egg major barre chords when moving from rythym to lead.

G7 chord
e||---|---|-i-|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---Play this slide after 1st 2 beats as beat 3,4
B||---|---|-i-|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|--- ----------- 5--slide--3
G||---|---|-i-|-m-|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|--- ---------- 4--slide--2
D||---|---|-i-|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|--- ----------- 5--slide--3
A||---|---|-i-|---|-r-|---|---|---|---|---|---|---
E||---|---|-i-|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---

C9 chord Play this slide as beat 3 and 4 of the bar as
e||---|---|-r-|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|--- 3--slide--5--slide--3 above
B||---|---|-r-|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|----3--slide--5--slide--3
G||---|---|-r-|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|----3--slide--5--slide--3
D||---|-i-|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---
A||---|---|-m-|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---
E||---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---

^^MOVE all of this C9 chord and slide lick up 2 frets (D9) for the 9th bar

Play the 12th bar G7 2 beats then quick change to D9 chord 2 beats then start it all over.

So its:

G7 slide / G7 slide / C9 slide / C9 slide / G7 slide / G7 slide / C9 slide / G7 slide / D9 slide / C9 slide / G7 slide / G7-D9 then repeat.

Solo in G minor pentatonic, G maj pentatonic, G Blues scales and dont be afraid to pull off to open strings as they are just repeated notes form those scales in this position and also take these patterns up high and solo from the G pentatonic using the 15th fret Low E as your root.

You can ad licks between the chord changes like 5th string --0--2--3 before the C9 chord, 6th string --0--2--3 before the G7 chord, and 5th string --0--4--5 before the D9 chord in bar9. Have fun with it.

You could also just learn the intro solo to Texas Flood and play it over this progression as thats what the song is, blues in G
Last edited by CustomCustom at May 22, 2006,
Thanks for the suggestions guys.....but can you name some songs.....
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Joe Satriani - Starry Night, 1 guitarist and a drummer should be sufficient. Its too easy.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
madpickin03......i love you man!!!! I would kiss you if you were here......

What a beautiful song man....anyone know any other stuff like that.....

*crosses fingers.....hopes to be sigged*
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

if you're meaning for me to sig you, sry dude, i dont sig ppl, not my style, but thx for da compliment, but perhaps i'll give it a think keep on rockin'
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
nio seriously i loved the song dude......u know anyother like it ?

But the timing is hard to catch isn't it ?? any tips dude.....

( damn.....i should have put that last like in there on what i was thinking....DAMN!!! )
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Oasis- The Swamp song (the full version), ok it's 2 guitars, but you can easily get away with it.
Give it a listen.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by X-Boy
nio seriously i loved the song dude......u know anyother like it ?

But the timing is hard to catch isn't it ?? any tips dude.....

Hmm, its just easy for me... tips? You just gotta work on your bending technique a lot. How to control the bends, how to muffle strings to prevent unwanted sounds, and vibratos, vibratos is very essential here, cuz there a lot of sustained notes and you cant just plainly fret it. Vibrato-bends also are incorporated here.

This song, is very good for those who wants to practice bends, i recommend to all who are viewing this thread. If im not mistaken, this song is in the key of C minor, so if you find that the solo is too hard, or too fast for you, just play anything that makes sense to you and your drummer, preferably in C minor scale, C minor pentatonic and their relative majors.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
technical difficulties- racer x(paul gilbert). Althought it need bass and drums too, but it doesnt sound that shltty as other song without a bassist imo

oh yar u mention about 1 guitarist, do you mean in a band with 1 guitarist, or simply just you alone?
technical diffiulties is what i wanna learn but at the pace at which i'm improving i'm gonna take a long time to learn it....that's why i wanna know some good easy song with a little bit of hard parts like enter sandman.....but which can be played alone by me or with a drummer so that i don't get bored while playing and it feels like music to others ears.....i wanna learn some songs which improve my skill and as well can be played to my friends so that they can enjoy themselves.....or it's like fine you have been practising for like 5-6hrs a day so now play something and if i play scales they'll be like what the hell are you playing.....
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

some more songs please.....
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

WRITE YOUR OWN!! Just take a basic 12 bar blues, and write away. Also, I'm pretty sure you can get away with ANY song with a guitarist and a drummer and people will at least recognize it.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
onemanarmy i hope you noticed that he said his friends be like, wtf is that?

"my song"

Friend,"uhh.......pretty good??" I hate that lol

But yeah 1 guitarist? I love 1 guitarist stuff like jimi hendrix, bb king, carlos santana (sometimes 2 guitars but meh you will always hear his PRS guitar all the time. Blues 1 guitarist is pretty amazing and fun to play), and for shred fest: steve vai, paul gilbert, joe satrini, John petrucci ( i think), and the band Black Sabbaths Crazy train. Love the song so sexy rythm
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
but the solo in it is soo fast.....

more songs.....and does anyone know some songs which sound good.....like the romanticky type like starry night and far away-nickleback....
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Last edited by X-Boy at May 23, 2006,