well im gonna change the string on my guitar for the first time, and i was just wondering if any of you have any suggestions on which would suit my guitar better, its a ESP LTD F-250. it has 9 guage strings on it now, whatevr that means. well thanx
If you have an esp I assume you like metal, either get 10 or 11 gauge DR strings.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
.9 and .10 are better for bending and faster playing. thicker strings, .11 will have slightly better sound but will be harder to play.
D'Addario strings are always good.
When i used to love metal I have .12 gauge strings on my B.C. Rich and I could do bends fine with it.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
D'addario 9's are awesome.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by Angus76
When i used to love metal I have .12 gauge strings on my B.C. Rich and I could do bends fine with it.

you can still do bends fine, but it will still be easier with a lighter gauge.
ok now i guess i know what guage but what about all those other thing that they say like coated or non coated or like nickel plated or bronze whats the difference between all of those?????
^It's just pointless **** to try to get you to buy them.

Just get a pack of regular d'addarios. They've never steered me wrong.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Metallygod
.9 and .10 are better for bending and faster playing. thicker strings, .11 will have slightly better sound but will be harder to play.
D'Addario strings are always good.

yeah, I think you might be happy buying a set of XL's
Quote by bassmo_part2
Embryodead even if she was the hottest thing on the planet, there are lines you just don't cross and on my side of the line we don't finger our sisters.

Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join
i go with ghs strings. the thin thick strings. light on the first 3 strings (high e, b,g) for quick, easy playing, and thick on the last 3 strings (low e, a, d) for crisp and awesome powerchords.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
I'd personally get the 9-46 D'add or Hybrid Slinkys. They're really good for fast licks and heavy power chording.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
My preference is GHS Boomers, 10s. Nice, thick, full sounding. Sounds great mixed with a bright guitar to compliment it with a little more low-end. Hold up a while without much grime and with proper care (wiping them off every week or so with a lint-free cloth) extends their life.
is there a noticable sound difference from 9s to 10s, or is it just feel?
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

I dunno bout everyone else, but yeah i do feel both.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic