I was at a yard sale yesterday and bought an Epiphone J-200 for $14. It plays great(bridge/tuners could use replacing) but the body/neck is in horrible shape. It's scratched, chipped, there's a hole about an 1" 1/2 long in the back and the strap pin is punched clean into it.

I'm looking to strip the finish clean off, down to the bare wood. I'm not sure if i'll refinish it after that. What grit sandpaper and sanding blocks should i use? I've been looking online all day but there's so many different stories on what to use. I'm not worried if i mess something up or it if it isn't perfect.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
I'd say ~200 to strip...maybe ~300 for acoustic though, since it has a thinner lacquer coat.

Just sand down the old stuff, and then spray on some thin coats. Nitro might be the best choice, because supposably it lets it "breathe" better, which is good for an acoustic. Reranch might help with that.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Thanks alot Pink. I'll give it a try
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true