Hey i need a louder amp, and i was looking at musicians friend. This half stack is pretty cheap only 350 USD! However if its that cheap, it must not be too good then. Here are some specs

Includes BP250 head, 115BPX speaker cab, covers for both, speaker cable, and instrument cable. That's 125W of trademark GK tone pushing a 15" speaker for plenty of volume.

The BP250 head features 125W power, bass-specific 4-band active EQ, adjustable voice contour, effects loop, Boost valve effect, XLR out with ground and pre/post switch, and tuner out. 2-year warranty.

The 115BPX speaker cab features a 15" woofer in a rear-ported cabinet with 200W handling, 1/4" input, MDF construction, black carpet covering, 16-gauge steel grille, removable nickel-plated casters, custom tooled interlocking corners, 50Hz-5kHz frequency response, and 96dB sensitivity. 60 lbs. 23"W x 23"H x 18"D. 1-year warranty on speaker. 2-year warranty on electronics.

And heres the link: http://www.guitarvision.com/mf/mf_frameset.htm

Has anyone on UG played this? Is it loud enough for average sized gigs? It got pretty good reviews on musicians friend. I know that i will eventually try it before i buy it, but want to hear your opinions first. THanks!

i bought one....its not as loud as it seems but it has a direct out so if your playing with a pa system it would be fine. It has a bit of a growl tho so if your looking for a amp that sounds really clean then i wouldnt suggest it. i like it alright it has a distortion channel which is cool and the distortion on it sounds good.
its basically my combo in stack form. OK starter amp for the beginning gigger and all, but I'd rec it only if you look to upgrade it later.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
125W is not that much. Plus, you'll probably not want just a 1x15 cab. If you want it, go for it but I suggest waiting and getting a better rig.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
ouch, MDF is used for the cab... That will be one heavy cab.
Seems like a Backline 250 where the word 'Backline' has been removed.
One small problem I see: minimum load is 8ohm. So you can't add another cab later on.
And to me, that kinda defeats the meaning of a stack, wich is that you can change/add speakers/heads. I know you can change the head later on, but why not get a head that can handle a 4ohm load and get a nice speaker setup first?
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...
oh how i remember about craving this one for a while but as people say its not that loud, its good for the beginning gigger yes, but 125 watts is'ent a ton.
Quote by FunkMaster
ouch, MDF is used for the cab... That will be one heavy cab.
Seems like a Backline 250 where the word 'Backline' has been removed.
One small problem I see: minimum load is 8ohm. So you can't add another cab later on.
And to me, that kinda defeats the meaning of a stack, wich is that you can change/add speakers/heads. I know you can change the head later on, but why not get a head that can handle a 4ohm load and get a nice speaker setup first?

Oh so i wont be able make it louder late by adding more speakers. Hmm yea i would probably want to save up and get something that wont be useless later. Thanks for the feedbacks. Do you have any recoomendations for a better rig, thats not like a thousand dollars ect.

Hartke
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...
^ Seconded.

Other HS's in that price range are Ashdown, Warwick, and Genz Benz.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
my school has a Hartke but its only 30 watts. I do like the tone i get from it. A beefy fast bass sound. ^And hmm i havnt seen other halfstacks around 350. Not on musicians friend atleast.

^ I mean, head in the same range as the HA3500, got the conversions wrong, sorry. Might be out of his price range.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
try the ashdown MAG 4x10 combo, over here it's £389
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
About 600 dollars please.