i dont know if my sd phat cat will fit into my peavey raptor exp. im like worried that i would have to totally change the pickguard or something.....here ill post some pics......tell me if i should post the pics with an un-stringed guitar. thanks

I'm not sure i have the same model raptor but i think it might fit but if it does it'll definately probably be to big for the pickguard
its just the plastic guard, u should be able to wedge it in. the pup cover makes it a bit thicker, but u can always shave the guard a little.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
oh cool! well thats good. now i have to take it to the music shop and see if they can do it or not :P
Well, you can do it yourself if you want to, its your money.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
well i dont want to solder the wrong wires or anything......i dont want to kill my guitar
Suit urself, there're a lot of talented wiremen around the gear customization thread that can help, just so you know.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
just to add, its really hard to "kill" a guitar.
yeah u dont want to go into anything blind, but feel free to ask any questions.
u might save urself $40.

ive got tons of instal pics i could post, plus most of these guys are here all night helping guys just like u.

except madpickin^ he's usually out getting wasted.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

omg that would be awesome. can you post the pics? please? i dunno when i can do it......if i can do it....i dont even have a soldering iron and all that haha. and does it really cost 40 bucks? wow
Quote by guy66657
wait, the plastic guard, you mean that black thing that goes around the pickup?

No no no, thats the pickup cover. The one that needs to be fitted in is the new pickup. You'd probably need to sand the plastic edges of the humbucker slot to make it more wider if the new pickups wont fit in. Last time i did this, i use a knife-cutter and scrape thru the edges rather than using a sandpaper/file. I find it more easier and less time consuming coz if you use a file, the pickguard may move, and it'll be harder and whatnot. Plus the edges wont be as rough.

The 2nd case is the pickup cover, the "black thing" ur refering to. If you dont want it, its fine but if you want it, you probably need to drill 4 holes thru the pickguard to make it stay. OR, you can just the previous 2 holes to screw it up (provided that it matches).

Quote by jj1565
except madpickin^ he's usually out getting wasted.

OMG, how did you know that ur spying on me or something... ...
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at May 24, 2006,
ohhh ok i see....well i found this schematic for this pickup on the seymour duncan website and i have NO IDEA how to read it......so like yeah haha i need translation. you should still post the installation pics but the translation would help too.
How many wires are there coming out from the new pickup? 2 or 4? Or 1 wire splitted to 2/ 1 wire splitted to 4?
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
i say : u have a problem the pickguard will need some....lets cut a bit of plastic...u need a guitar shop for the pickguard and not for installing the pickup
My Gear:
Ibanez Iron Label 8 string (RGIR28FE)
Schecter Haillraiser C7
Randall RG 1503+ 2x12" V30s
Mooer GE200
Strip it open, there should be 2 wires parallel to each other.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
You can put the braide around the wire back, that wire goes to ground, the wire in the middle is the 'hot' wire.
You should look at this instead. And for simplicity, dont confuse urself with SD's color code, just ignore them. You just open up the electronic compartment and see where your previous humbucker is soldered to the pickup selector, then just solder the black wire to that. For the metal braid, you need to solder it to the back of your volume pot. From the diagram below, the metal braid should be the same as the green wire, black = black, ignore the red and gray.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at May 26, 2006,
well yeh it is kinda big, but take it to a dealer hell like make it brand new for you.
guitar center places change $40 per pup.
local shops are about $20 -40.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

ok well it doesnt fit, do you guys think i can solder off the cover of the pickup or something?
Quote by guy66657
wait, the plastic guard, you mean that black thing that goes around the pickup?

Quote by madpickin03
No no no, thats the pickup cover.

I'm pretty sure the correct term is "Bezel" - not that it really makes any difference .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by guy66657
ok well it doesnt fit, do you guys think i can solder off the cover of the pickup or something?

um.....