Poll: What Finish?
Poll Options
View poll results: What Finish?
Super Glossy
27 93%
Matte
2 7%
Voters: 29.
Ok. The project I have been planning is officially underway. In the end, I am going to have my strat be stripped down and stained. Then eventually I will get gold hardware and new pups. But that will come with money. Right now I am just beginning to sand it. I will have pics of it sanded on Wednesday or so. Here's what I started out with:

Here it is dissassembled:

New Plan. Started sanding front and back, and realized that I liked the way it looked. So now it is going to be exactly like this, but with a glossy clearcoat:

Notice that I left the belly cut on the bottom white. I not only thought this looked neat, but it would also be difficult for me to sand it down. So I left it white

, Dave
Last edited by Rocknificent at May 23, 2006,
Fun stuff, I think high gloss si the only way to go with gold hardware.
Glossy.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
yeah high gloss if your guna go gold hardware, if not gold hardware, matt
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
Haha. How owuld that be part of the guitar? Haha. And which type of clear should I use? I heard nitrocellulose or Urethane is good. But not sure. Could I get this in an Aerosol can, or do I have to shell out the money for the Spray equipment? And here is pretty close to the finish I want:

Ok. I'm definitely going with a glossy finish. the gold hardware will have to wait though. I'm going to get some sort of job during the summer, but cant yet because of school.

, Dave
Yes, I stole your avatar, but made it different. You're spoonman, I'm a cereal killer. Haha. I was thinking about changing it, but couldnt think of anything else.
Ok. Back to the guitar. What should I do about the clearcoat? Should I get Nitrocellulose, or Urethane? And how easy is it to apply? Do I need to buy spray equipment? All help is appreciated.
I like the way it looks now, so I am going to get a satin finish from stewmac. Does anyone think this will look good?
yes
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...