Question, what is the best type of guitar for the blues/jazz?

electric?
acoustic?
classical?

can you guys help me out?

Thanks in advance.
BE POSITIVE ABOUT BEING NEGATIVE!!!!!
i dont think that the guitar really matters
you will usually end up just replacing some parts what i like to do is
buy a cheap guitar then gut it
i replace most of the parts to my liking
also look into some pedals the digitech x series, has a blues pedal which is pretty good and maybe get a tone driver too

but i guess fender is basically pretty good ,check out gretsch guitars
awww, fenders? but my guitars an ibanez. but that wont make a difference...Right?
Acoustic is fine, but if you want to go electric, the absolute best guitars for blues and jazz are either the large hollowbodies or semihollows, such as the Ibanez Artcore series, the Gretsch electric line, the Gibson ES series (135, 137, 335, and 336, primarily), Epiphone Dot and Sheraton II, those kind of guitars. This is all just my opinion, btw. You can play any style on any kind of guitar, obviously, I just think the fuller tones of the chambered bodies are better.
Hi, I'm Peter
traditionall, as said above, semi hollow or full hollow electrics. it is fully possible to do it on solidbody electrics like strats, if you are going for a stevie ray blues feel. if you are going for a bb king blues feel, then thats the semi-hollow.
how about lounge kinda jazz/blues. that the kind of music you can find play in a coffee shop?

besides whats the genre of the type of music?
Quote by Punk_prince360
how about lounge kinda jazz/blues. that the kind of music you can find play in a coffee shop?

besides whats the genre of the type of music?

The genre of what type of music?

What you desrcibed there sounds like 'Muzak'.
you mean like folk or American traditional? Most of that is done on acoustics. And lounge-style jazz (aka weather channel music) is done using archtop electrics with large hollow bodies.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Punk_prince360
awww, fenders? but my guitars an ibanez. but that wont make a difference...Right?

You can play blues on an ibanez just as well as you can on anything else.

Remeber, tho, if you are paying an Ibanez, you'll look stupid. That's true for whatever style of music you play tho.

(ha ha, I just don't like the look of them)
Quote by Craigster
You can play blues on an ibanez just as well as you can on anything else.

Remeber, tho, if you are paying an Ibanez, you'll look stupid. That's true for whatever style of music you play tho.

(ha ha, I just don't like the look of them)

are you sure?

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/img/eg/m/ARC300_DVS_12.jpg
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/img/eg/m/AF86_VLS_12_01.jpg

full ack for the metal-ish ibanezes, though
- When I was your age Pluto was still a Planet. - anonymous
Archtops like the es-135 seem to be a favorite. For jazz or blues you can use the telecaster as well.
UG Blues Mafia
Founding Members: Forklifterer, Steve Cropper, Crzyrckgtrst28, and TNfootballfan62

Member of the Anti-Whammy-Bar-Solo Club
I use my 7 string Les Paul for jazz I like the feel of that waay more than any archtop, including the expensive Gretsch White Falcons etc.

Maybe I'll find a 7 string archtop one day.. I hope I'll fall in love with it

Btw, has anyone else thought it's ironic that you see books like 'jazz chords for the 7string guitar' while you can't find such jazz guitars? At least, very hard to find
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje