im thinking about gettin a single pedal and selling my multi effects board but im not sure what pedal would be best for metal such as trivium, god forbid, lamb of god..stuff like that...i would prefer it be below $100 tho..please help me out
john wayne toilet paper-dont take no shit off no indian
Metal Master!!!!!!!!!!
Epiphone Custom 1966 SG w/EMG 85(B)
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Boss SD-1 Overdrive; NS-2
Fender Tuner
ds-1 all teh way...
on a topic of how you would like to be buried...

Quote by Jacob6293
in a coffin, underground, next to my wife.

Quote by tylerishot
Me too. But only if she's alive.

^God you guys are noobs. Those are both REALLY ****ty pedals.

Try a used Jekyll and Hyde.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
ive never heard of that pedal but ill look into it
john wayne toilet paper-dont take no shit off no indian
THE PRO-CO "rat"

you wont need anything else.
ma gear

"it's too hard man, don't even try"
-jason becker

"get those flabby fingers in shape"
-rusty cooley
I use a Boss metal zone.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Last edited by soccermom at May 23, 2006,
he said for around a 100$ dollars, isnt te Jekyl and Hyde like 200?

EDIT: my bad you said used.

Try finding a pedal with a 12ax7 tube in it
^^^That's why he suggested a used one.

Are you playing a SS or a tube amp?

EDIT: Now i see your edit.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
what about these behringer effects pedals.
they only cost about £30 but they are awesome.
i got two,
ultra distortion and blues overdrive.
i use distortion for lead and overdrive for rhythm.
has anyone tried the Keeley MT-2? I see them go cheap on eBay pretty consistently, but I've never tried one. Just curious.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
if you like the seemingly digital sounding gain, you could try a line 6 uber metal, they can give some really nice high gain sounds.
^^ I have a DS1 .... Personally I think it sounds bad through a transistor amp. If you have a nice tube amp, the overdrive should be decent enough anyway.
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
the ds-1 is good. but not for lamb of god or god forbid type tones, i dont know why so many people have suggested that and the metal zone, neither are close to that kind of tone.

god forbid uses krank amps, and krank has a new pedal out the "distortus maximus" and it's pretty expensive used but you should be able to snag a used one for 100 bucks.
ma gear

"it's too hard man, don't even try"
-jason becker

"get those flabby fingers in shape"
-rusty cooley
Go for the Keely Modded Metal Zone
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
Good luck finding a used Jeykll and Hyde (unless MAYBE ebay which gets complicated)

Go proco
Im going to be odering a Keeley soon, I'l see how good it sounds. but I must say it gets great reviews all around, just chech out harmony-central, plus the sound clips on the site sound great compared to a standard MT2.

It even looks cooler, and is pretty cheap. Only $150, or $75 if you supply the Metal Zone for him to mod.

If you can get a MT2 for cheaper than 75$ used the nit could be worth it, but you might as well get a new one. Then again Keeleys mod probably voids the gaurentee right?